Deadline: Open until filled
This position, under general supervision, performs work of moderate difficulty in maintaining set up, take down, and driving of golf course beverage cart to sell food and drink products to golfers on the golf course.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be at least 21 years of age and have a service oriented personality. Must be able to communicate in English and understand information using verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Arrive for scheduled work shifts on time, in a positive state of mind, while meeting dress code and grooming standards for a professional appearance and be prepared for all types of outdoor weather conditions.
- Great customers with a smile when guests come into Arrowhead.
- Stock and set up beverage cart with beer, wine, spirits, ice, food products and accessories and record inventory of same prior to departure from facility.
- Perform responsible techniques in proper cash handling and follow all established cash handling procedures.
- Obtain cash bank from the Finance Department and return cash bank in good order at the end of shift.
- Deliver food and refreshments to golfers on the golf course by constantly driving the beverage cart, in a careful manner, throughout populated areas on the golf courses, stopping to inquire if guests are interested in a refreshment or recognizing a guest interested in a refreshment.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests at counter and enter same into point-of-sale system.
- Maintain familiarity with Arrowhead facility.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area to prevent food borne illness.
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
- Follow the Wheaton Park District and Arrowhead policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun, commitment, adaptability and growth, kindness, and service) on a daily basis.
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines and procedures.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must have and maintain: valid driver s license with an acceptable driving record, Basset certification, and ServSafe certification.
Must be able to: frequently remain stationary and drive a beverage cart safely, grasp objects with good hand-eye coordination; occasionally move about to access items in the cart on uneven ground; and move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Must be able to: continuously work in all outdoor weather conditions with stinging insects, biting bugs, pesticides, chemicals, and plants; and occasionally move on wet, slippery surfaces.
Hours vary. Sunday through Saturday
$6.60 per hour plus tips
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V