As-Needed UAS Pilot
About The Job
Dudek is currently seeking an As-needed UAS Pilot to join our team. Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operators are remote pilots of unmanned observation aircrafts, aka UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) that gather remotely sensed data such as imagery and LiDAR point clouds used in mapping applications. Our drone operators are intelligence specialists that work in a dynamic work environment and travel around the North America and Hawaii.Number of hours will be dependent on project needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct air reconnaissance, surveillance, and data acquisition missions
- Plan and analyze flight missions
- Perform preflight, in flight and post flight checks and procedures
- Launch and recover air frame
- Perform maintenance on communications equipment, power sources, light/heavy wheeled vehicles
- Responsible for the maintenance and care of the equipment assigned.
- Responsible for uploading data collected during the day the night after the flight missions
- Responsible for completing daily flight logs
- Responsible for attending weekly team meeting
- When not working in the field you would work from an office location nearest to you
- Travel majority of the time (90%)
- High School Degree
- Part 107 Certified operator
- Applicable work experience is a plus
- Education in GIS and remote sensing theory
- Ability to work independently and a team setting
- Experience with GPS navigation for unmanned aircraft systems
- Experience collecting and analyzing data
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawaiâ€™i, and Oregon.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR