Asbestos Inspector - Project Monitor/Industrial Hygienist
Mabbett & Associates, Inc.
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. is seeking a full-time Asbestos Inspector – Project Monitor/Industrial Hygienist to join our growing Regulated Building Materials (RBM) practice. This position will work on a variety of EH&S compliance projects and will be responsible for conducting industrial hygiene monitoring. Prospective candidates should have strong knowledge of OSHA regulations, field experience to include industrial hygiene and environmental sampling, conducting safety and health surveys/audits, as well as lead/asbestos inspections/monitoring. The candidate selected for this position must be adaptable to varying work environments, possess have a can-do attitude and possess strong technical writing and organizational skills.
- Associate's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Biology, Chemistry, Public Health, Environmental Science, or a science-related field; Bachelor's degree in one the above disciplines in preferred.
- 8 years of related work experience (preferably in the role of Industrial Hygienist Technician and/or Senior Industrial Hygiene Consultant).
- Massachusetts Asbestos Inspector and Project Monitor Certifications required; Licensure in other New England States is a desired.
- Successful completion of the NIOSH-582 Course or equivalent.
- Prior work experience should include: bulk sampling of regulated building materials, conducting indoor air quality studies, industrial hygiene workplace evaluations, project management and construction experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Word® and Excel®.
- Willingness and ability to regularly work in the field and outdoors. Out-of-area travel will be required on a limited basis. Off-hour's work may also be required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a valid driver's license and able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check. Must be able to obtain, as a minimum, OMB Position of Public Trust and Federal Protective Services Favorable designations. Other clearance requirements for access to Federal facilities may be necessary and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination to include a respirator clearance and drug screen, to include cannabis, and other regulated substances under Federal Law. In addition, due to the nature of our work, the clients that we serve, and the setting for certain on-site assignments, the candidate selected for this position must be fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus prior to beginning employment except in situations where a medical or religious accommodation is requested and granted by the firm. Commitment to maintain full-vaccination status by obtaining any and all future booster immunizations, etc. as may be mandated by CDC policy or regulation or firm/firm client requirements will also be required.
- Ability to travel, work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 50 lbs.
- Manage a variety of projects to ensure scope, budget, and schedules are met, coordinate projects with clients, staff, subcontractors, etc.
- Perform workplace surveys to determine compliance with OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Conduct occupational exposure or area monitoring, environmental sampling, and other related duties.
- Perform various fieldwork tasks, such as calibrate and operate air sample and personnel exposure equipment, perform mathematical calculations, obtain media, collect relevant data, and submit samples for laboratory analysis, observe field conditions and document events.
- Prepare project-related paperwork and documentation, such as chain of custody forms.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.