Assessment Clinician / Full-Time / Days
Chestnut Health Systems
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Assessment Clinician to assess justice-involved adults for treatment services at our Bloomington, IL facility. This clinician will work closely with both the McLean County Drug Court program and the McLean County Recovery Court program. Embedded within the McLean County courthouse, the Assessment Clinician will be a liaison of Chestnut for various entities within the courthouse up to and including judges, probation officers, public defenders, and prosecutors by linking justice-involved clients to treatment programs. Additionally, the Assessment Clinician will have a small caseload of clients and facilitate a few motivational interviewing groups for justice involved clients. This position is eligible for the National Health Service Corps loan repayment program for qualified applicants.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus!
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Perform multiple types of standardized assessments utilizing evidence-based practices.
- Provide case management services for clients.
- Work closely with probation officers and court teams within the McLean County courthouse.
- Facilitate group services.
- Serve as a point of contact for various entities within the McLean County courthouse.
- Provide individual counseling.
- Complete standardized assessments on incarcerated individuals in the McLean County Detention facility as needed.
- Collect, track, and organize equity and inclusion demographic data on assessments and referrals within designated treatment programs.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree with five (5) years’ supervised mental health or substance use experience and obtain Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) certification within two (2) years’ of hire.
- Or a bachelor’s degree and Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) certification in good standing with the State of Illinois.
- Or a Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field and must be eligible and obtain CADC certification or licensure within two (2) years’ of hire date.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled