Framingham, MA Category:
Staff Posted On:
Sat Feb 13 2021 Job Description:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Assistant Athletic Trainer & Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist position is responsible for aiding the head athletic trainer with the coordination of the athletic training facilities and areas related to the prevention and care of athletic injuries. In addition, the staff assistant is responsible for the strength and conditioning needs of the Department of Athletics; including varsity and club athletes. Nights, weekend and holidays may be required. Employment to be 43-week position.
- Deputy Director of Athletics and Head Athletic Trainer
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the day-to-day operation of the athletic training room, including prevention and care of athletic related injuries, practice/game coverage, and travel.
- Oversee the design and implementation of sport specific strength and conditioning programs.
- Provide prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation to intercollegiate athletes.
- Administer first aid and emergency techniques to injuries.
- Perform emergency management of acute injuries.
- Provide athletic training coverage of practices and both home and away competitions.
- Design and implement rehabilitation programs that are sport and injury specific.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the maintenance of medical records, insurance forms, and other appropriate duties related to administration in the athletic training room.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in developing and fostering a positive relationship with the coaching staff and student-athletes.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in developing and maintaining communication with the University Health Services, and area physicians and hospitals.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all administration, coaching, and institutional personnel.
- Attend University functions of general importance to the student body upon request.
- Provides information, in a timely manner, upon request from the Director of Athletics, Deputy Director of Athletics or Head Athletic Trainer.
- Upholds confidentiality for student-athletes and their well-being.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics, Associate Director of Athletics, or Head Athletic Trainer.
- Responsible for upholding federal, state and local laws and for enforcing University policies with special attention to the University Alcohol Policy.
- Responsible for reporting to the Equal Opportunity Officer or Title IX Coordinator knowledge or receipt of reports of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and retaliation from students or other members of the university community.
- Designated as a Campus Security Authority under the Clery Act.
- Accountable for ensuring that equal opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and practice season schedule dictates. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Athletic related field
- Athletic Trainer Certified by the NATA required
- Eligible for MA licensure in Athletic Training
- Certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Master's Degree preferred
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit with an official title of Staff Assistant. The work year is 43 weeks with a salary range is $42,500-47,500.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.