Assist the Director of Food & Beverage Operations with all day to day beverage related issues. Manage and supervise beverage personnel and inventory in a positive and motivating manner. Insure all hotel customers receive a quality product and good service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance to provide guest satisfaction. Relay accurate information to guests regarding hours of operation, Hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc.
- Interview, hire, discipline, terminate, counsel, train and monitor employees and their performance to ensure company guidelines are followed.
- Review all disciplinary action in the form of written or verbal counseling before being issued to employee.
- Review weekly/daily schedules for appropriate coverage pertaining to special events, holidays, or low business volume expectations.
- Oversee training of Beverage staff. Assist Shift Manager as second floor Supervisor as heavy business requires. Work as Shift Manager when lack of staff requires it.
- Manage organization of Beverage storerooms and refrigerators. Order equipment and products to supplement current stock for special events. Transfer stock between outlets as needed.
- Continuously monitor and work at controlling associated beverage, labor and equipment costs. Review daily/weekly payroll and compare to forecast.
- Make constant contact with both internal and external customers to provide optimal guest service. This includes contact with various hotel departments in an effort to provide/obtain pertinent information needed to ensure proper guest service and to ensure the coordination of elements involved in banquet functions.
- Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification (Alcohol Awareness Education Certification).
- Ability to act independently while drawing conclusions from written and computer generated materials.
- Ability to operate personal computer (to access & input information using Microsoft Excel & Word, et. al.), copy machine, photocopier, calculator etc., in order to perform job functions and assist guests.
- Ability to collect information and solve customer concerns promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to subordinates and guests. Must be able to listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete reports, correspondence and communicate with guests, subordinates and supervisors.
- Ability to remain alert throughout the duration of the shift and remain calm during emergency situations.
- Must possess sufficient mathematical skills needed to complete schedules, understand forecasts, interpret quantitative data, etc.
- Ability to analyze supporting information in order to control labor, equipment, and food costs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate multi-line telephones to conduct Hotel business.
- Ability to comprehend and follow supervisors instructions.
- Ability to maintain attendance in conformance with Hotel standards.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to work with interruptions.
- Must be at least 21 years or older.
- Dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Trusted and is seen as a truthful individual who is highly respectful of others.
- Consistently exhibits courteous, respectful, and appropriate communications and presents information in a concise and understandable format.
- Cooperate with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives.
- Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration and provides a tangible contribution.
- Meet requirements of regular attendance in order to effectively complete job responsibilities in a timely manner.
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed