Assistant Construction Manager
Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for an Assistant Construction Manager for a contract possible temp to perm assignment in Albuquerque, NM. The Assistant Project Manager reports directly to the Project Manager(s). The Assistant Project Managers support program execution indirectly, at the project level. You need a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction/ Project Management, or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. 2+ years as a construction assistant project manager, with experience working for or with a utility company. A minimum of 3 years direct project management experience, is preferred.
location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Interfaces with Program Manager, Assistant Project Managers, PNM, Contractors, and local municipalities to support projects from cradle to grave
- Own assigned construction projects from the engineering and permitting phase through project closeout
- Supports the development of the construction portion of the Project Execution Plan for applicable projects
- Reviews and comments on construction related sections of the project specific Project Execution Plans
- Reviews, develops, and comments on subcontracting plans
- Reviews and comments on construction related portions of project specific proposals
- Supports constructability reviews
- Reviews and comments on construction estimates to support estimates
- Provide field direction to the Superintendents
- Take the lead in coordinating with the various PNM and BMcD departments concerning construction needs and issues
- Compiles and reviews project progress from their assigned projects
- Reviews contracts for conformance to Client requirements
- Manage day to day project activities for Engineering, Procurement and Construction
- Carry project through client processes for final project closeout. Report on contractor progress
- Establish contractor reporting policies and procedures
- Monitor daily / weekly subcontractor reporting
- Creates and manages a resource utilization schedule with assistance from PNM
- Reports labor cost and accruals to PNM monthly
- Assists PNM Area Managers in scheduling crews across their service territories
- Assists in getting new PNM Operations CM's onboarded and integrated into Operations Management as required
- Order, track, and manage project specific materials
- Works with Operations Directors for continued engagement
- Lead project management efforts including, review of daily reports for completeness, uploading drawings, project cost activities, and general Procore maintenance and analysis
- Lead monthly progress reporting at the direction of the Project Managers
- Coordinate with Program Superintendents
- Assist in Project Request for Proposal (RFP) development
- Fill in for Program Superintendents on site during leave of absence
- Maintain project performance tracking spreadsheets and confirm data integrity as assigned
- Work with government agencies and public authorities as required to provide support for land surveying and mapping.
- Direct the project turnover documentation, warranty administration, project closeout, and recordkeeping/retention processes and procedures.
- Manage communication with governmental, industry, and public entities on project-related matters.
- Review construction field reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction/ Project Management, or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- 2+ years as a construction assistant project manager, with experience working for or with a utility company. Exceptions to be made for folks with 4+ years of experience in construction, or veterans.
- A minimum of 3 years direct project management experience, is preferred. Other experience in-Lou of direct experience may be considered.
- Must have field experience managing/oversight of construction and interface with engineering and procurement activities.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Ability to work in a startup, ambiguous and/or "grey" environment.
- Willingness to be hands-on
About the Company
Randstad was founded in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding. We've never let go of his passion or the values that he established. By staying true to those fundamentals, we've expanded to represent more than 90 percent of the HR services market.
We provide outsourcing, staffing, consulting and workforce solutions within the areas of engineering, accounting and finance, healthcare, human resources, IT, legal, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, office and administration and sales and marketing. We can’t wait to tell you all about it.
Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for, and supply of, labor and HR services. We believe in the value of work as a unifying force that shapes society for the better. We live by the core values established early in our company's history: to know, serve and trust, striving for perfection and simultaneous promotion of all interests.