30+ days ago
CAMDEN COUNTY TECHNICAL SCHOOLS
TITLE: ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
FULL-TIME 12-MONTH POSITION
DEADLINE: This position will be filled in no less than ten (10) days after the date of this posting.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Valid New Jersey Principal certificate or Certificate of eligibility.
2. Master's degree from an accredited institution.
3. Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
4. Attention to detail; technology skills.
5. Successfully undergo a criminal history check and proof of the
U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
6. Meet the health qualifications required of all personnel.
7. Meets NJ residency requirements or willingness to relocate
to NJ within 365 days of employment.
8. Must follow the guidelines of the Camden County Technical
Schools' Nepotism Policy, File Code: 0142.1.
Interviews are at the discretion of the superintendent and/or designee and based on qualifications for the position.
THE BOARD OF EDUCATION DECLARES IT TO BE THE POLICY OF THIS DISTRICT TO PROVIDE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL APPLICANTS REGARDLESS OF AGE, COLOR, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, RELIGION, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, AFFECTIONAL OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION, FAMILIAL STATUS, LIABILITY FOR SERVICE IN THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES, OR NATIONALITY.
POSITION GOALS: To develop and utilize available resources in order to provide the
most effective educational staff, programs, and facilities for students.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor assigned per the CCTS’ Organizational Chart
Administration: 1. Assist the principal with inservice responsibilities.
2. Assume the role of the principal when he/she is absent.
3. Assist the principal in all personnel matters.
4. Supervise the reporting, monitoring, and follow-up activities
regarding student attendance.
5. Arrange and participate in parent-teacher conferences.
6. Assist the principal with the opening of school and graduation
7. Attend athletic events and other activities held after regular
school hours as assigned by the principal.
8. Prepare for and supervise assemblies.
9. Accompany seniors on the class trip.
10. Prepare and update the student handbook.
11. Assist with maintaining discipline throughout the school.
12. Supervise the operation of the book depository.
13. Manage activities associated with textbooks including receipt,
processing, inventory, and maintenance of price lists.
Curriculum: 1. Meet with advisory committees at the direction of the principal.
1. Assist the principal with the supervision and evaluation of the
high school staff.
2. Visit academic and career program classes as assigned to
observe instructional activities and provide support to teachers
Finance: 1. Assist the principal with the preparation of the annual high
Miscellaneous: 1. Serve on committees as assigned by the principal.
2. Maintain a working relationship with the local police.
3. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor per the
CCTS’ Organizational Chart/or designee.
Revised: February 16, 2000
Revised: August 24, 2005
Revised: March 16, 2011