Assistant Production Foreman
AJM Packaging El Cajon, CA
El Cajon, CA
AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are seeking results oriented Production Foreman to join our team! Professionals with strong communication and leadership experience will thrive in this fast-paced leadership role overseeing all aspects of the manufacturing process for one of Michigan’s leading non-automotive manufacturing growth companies.
Benefits: At AJM, our comprehensive benefits package truly sets us apart. This position is eligible for company paid medical insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield), dental insurance, vision insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching plan, tuition reimbursement and employee referral programs. Plus, AJM provides company paid vacation days, sick days, and holidays.
- Oversee and manage all elements of the production of goods. Coordinate and manage the production staff in such a manner as to ensure that all company objectives and production schedules are continually met at minimal labor cost and with minimal production interruption.
- Provide overall supervision of the entire production staff including but not limited to interviewing and selecting job candidates, providing instruction, training employees, designating work assignments, reviewing work, establishing deadlines, conducting performance appraisals, and addressing and resolving issues.
- Continually review product quality levels and ensure that all Corporate and Plant quality standards are being achieved.
- Ensure compliance with all GMP, HACCP and Corporate procedures.
- Accurately complete, process and file all daily logs, quality records and any other related production paperwork.
- Review and monitor scrap levels and assume overall accountability for scrap.
- Review production operation and processes and identify areas for improvement. Be able to offer recommendations for improvement and be able to successfully implement changes
- Monitor for the proper functioning of machinery and correct and/or provide notice of an issue.
- Participate in the tracking of inventory levels. Make procurement requests for any needed production materials, supplies or equipment.
- Provide oversight and training of production staff and coordinate transition period between the different shifts to ensure expectations and goals are understood and met. Ensure manpower requirements are adequate to meet these expectations and goals.
- Ensure that staff strictly adheres to all housekeeping and safety rules, guidelines and procedures. In particular, enforce all lock out/tag out procedures.
- 3 + years of high-volume production management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced education is preferred but not required
- Strong communication and problem solving skills, as well as a commitment to positive employee relations.
- Experience working in the paper, printing, or the consumer product industry is very beneficial
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus