Reporting directly to the Faculty Manager – Online Learning, the Assistant Professor, Nursing (Graduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Participates in and contributes to assessment activities of courses/curriculum and program via a continuous improvement plan as set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement or upgrading of class materials and syllabi utilizing identified University processes
- Masters or doctorate in specialty field required. Terminal academic doctorate preferred.
- Should provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process is highly desirable; required for Health Administration Program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other products as needed.
- Demonstrable evidence of four years of clinical experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards set by accreditation bodies such as Board of Registered Nursing (BRN, Texas BON, Florida BON), CAPTE, ACPE, ACOTE, ARC-PA, and CCNE.