Hoj Innovations, Inc. is seeking an Assistant Project Manager with Engineering experience to join our fast-growing company. The Assistant Project Manager serves as a liaison between the engineering team, manufacturers, and the customer to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of the final product. As an Assistant Project Manager for automated and power systems, you will oversee the profitability, timeliness, and overall success of multiple material handling and conveyance projects. Many of our projects require the implementation of WMS software, PLC controls, High Speed Carton and Bag Conveyance and Sortation Systems, Robotic Systems and Pallet handling systems.
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with great growth potential in one of the fastest growing and strongest sectors of the economy, we may have the opportunity you are looking for!
Hoj Innovations is a leader in intralogistics innovation and has been a full-service material handling solutions provider of best-in class service for over 55 years. We design, build, and support intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution centers. Our customers are powering the future of commerce and we pride ourselves in offering them fully integrated, turn-key solutions that maximize the efficiency of their material handling operations in warehouses, factories, and distribution centers across the nation.
We have a very team-oriented and customer-driven company culture. At HOJ Innovations, we understand that our employees work hard, so we offer a competitive rate of pay, a generous benefits package and a positive work environment. As a HOJ team member, you will be responsible for promoting our vision, cultural values, and safety guidelines while supporting all that has made HOJ a leader in the material handling equipment and service industry.
- Assist Project Managers and Sales Team with all phases of project management including control and monitoring Schedule, Design and Quality, Resources, and Costs while following Industry/HOJ Best Practices.
- Successfully define workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships of a project team to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Provide an active support role in maintaining client relationships and sales opportunities.
- Develop detailed project schedules inclusive of all in-scope engineering, installation, and integration schedule activities by identifying tasks, timelines and defining critical path tasks using MS Project Software.
- Assist in the Development and Execution system commissioning and integration test plans.
- Assist in the development and execution acceptance test plans inclusive of physical, functional, rate, and availability testing.
- Assist in Producing Engineering Proposals and Change Orders.
- Develop equipment/system specifications and obtain quotes from suppliers.
- Issue purchase orders for equipment and services and track delivery.
- Review and create CAD drawings for installation and fabrication.
- Review Contracts, RFQ’s, Proposals, Scopes of Work, Descriptions of Operation to assure that the work promised/specified is being provided.
- Apply for and obtain necessary permits.
- Occasional travel to job site to assess project progress, coordinate with subcontractors and the customer.
- Work closely with other functional areas of the organization, project contractors, internal / external team members, customers, and suppliers.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or working towards a degree) in Civil, Mechanical, Industrial or Controls Engineering, Construction Management, or similar related degree.
PMP Certification preferred.
Experience: Related Project Management experience in automation, conveyor systems or industrial equipment. (Preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct projects.
- Technical Aptitude-Ability to comprehend complex technical topics
- Systems Analysis-Ability to understand how a system should work and how changes will affect the operation and outcome
- Accuracy-Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Problem Solving-Ability to find solutions or work proactively with others to find solutions
- Decision Making-Ability to make critical decisions that balance cost, performance, and schedule.
- Safety Awareness-Identify and correct conditions that may affect employee safety.
- Mechanical Aptitude-Ability to identify mechanical problems, specify repairs, and/or make minor repairs and adjustments
- Understanding of work methods and material handling equipment
- Knowledgeable about electrical circuits and motor controls
- Must be proficient with a variety of computer systems (AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management Software
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills through prioritizing and handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal
- Able to work individually and as a team in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. Able to resolve conflicts and find win-win solutions that maintain relationships both within our organization and with our customers
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screenings
- Must have U.S. Work Authorization
- Competitive hourly wage
- Option to earn year-end profit-sharing bonuses
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Excellent insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability
- Generous employer dollar match to HSA and 401(k) Profit Sharing/Retirement Accounts
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with room to advance, then come be a part of Hoj’s success! To learn more about what we do visit us at:
- Our Website: www.hoj.net
- Our YouTube page: www.youtube.com/c/HojEngineeringSalesCoIncSaltLakeCity
- Our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/HojInnovations
Job Type: Full-Time, M-F (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Experience: 3 years related experience (preferred)
License: Valid Driver’s License (Required)
Work Authorization: United States (Required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities