Assistant Service Deli Department Manager
At Super King, we are shaping the international food market culture within the grocery industry. We are proud to be the leader of international foods at the lowest prices and highest quality. Customers can count on our service through dedicated employees. Our employees are our best partners in this endeavor, making Super King a desirable workplace.
We are searching for only the best people! If you are a dedicated and talented person, come join our growing team. We offer competitive pay, benefits and a GREAT environment to work and grow. If you are ready to join our amazing team, please complete our application process.
The Assistant Service Deli Department Manager provides leadership in the Department,under the direction of the Department Manager,by assisting in directing and managing all employee activities including their training, ordering product and supplies for the department and implements merchandizing initiatives that promote sales, while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits.
- Works safely at all times and follows all established safety guidelines and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining proper stock levels of the department.
- Works in support of Department Manager on hiring, evaluation and overall supervision of department personnel; schedules labor within required guidelines
- Maintains friendly and respectful behavior at all times toward customers, co-workers, vendors, and all others.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; work all scheduled shifts and attend required trainings and meetings.
- Assist in control of inventory; product orders; freshness, ample supply and variety.
- Assists in applying pricing policy within required guidelines; monitors billings.
- Assists with the department security and safety; proper sanitation, department appearance, and cleanliness; department equipment maintenance.
- Assists with Identifying and implementing training and development needs for subordinates.
- Maintains an open line of communication to the Department Manager, keeping him/her current on department matters.
- Assists with handling, in a positive manner, employment issues with department personnel.
- Assists in ordering all seasonal merchandise and maintaining records of movement.
- Assists with managing individuals and in delegating responsibilities as appropriate to motivate and instill excellence in the individuals within the department.
- Assists in coordinating cleanliness and maintenance needs.
- Assists in controlling, safeguarding and monitoring all store assets, ensuring policies and procedures are implemented for control of assets.
- Accomplishes assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner within standards established by the Department Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as requested or required by management.
- Assumes all the responsibilities of the department manager in their absence.
- Able to work prolonged periods of time in an environment with fluctuating temperature ranges
- Able to stand prolonged periods of time
- Able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Available to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends & holiday