Under general direction, supervises the staff performing Material Handling / Distribution contracted activities at client accounts. Delegates assignment to staff and monitors progress.
- Responsible for Distribution/Logistics/Material Handling Department
- Maintains day-to-day communications with Sr. Material Handling/Distribution Manager and Area Manager
- Keeps management informed of all operational issues
- Works with management to evaluate research and recommend solutions to Distribution management
- Contacts and negotiates with outside vendors
- Provides quality control on daily paperwork performed by OBS Staff
- Delegates assignments to staff and monitors progress
- Prioritize, schedule and delegates assignments to staff and monitors progress
- Ensure quality and productivity standards are being met by staff
- Ensure proper maintenance and usage of all equipment and supplies
- Interface with the client, operations team, and corporate departments as necessary
- Initiate communication and problem solving with regard to customer concerns
- Assist Manager with administration of HR policies and procedures including performance. evaluations, employee training, development and motivation
- Assists in recruiting new employees
- Compiles weekly and monthly statistical data to be used by Manager for reporting
- Manage budget and control expenses effectively
- Assists with staff payroll, site billing, and service enhancements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Previous experience managing a staff more than 10 non-exempt employees is a plus
- Must have experience motivating, training, coaching and supervising a staff to meet quality and productivity standards
- 3 years of experience in a Supervisory capacity
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheets applications (Lawson, Microsoft Office Programs)
- Must have the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines - position requires good time management skills
- Advanced customer service skills, professional attitude & appearance
- Strong organizational, administrative, record keeping & time management skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Physical activity required including bending, reaching, lifting and prolonged periods of sitting or standing
- May lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
What We Offer:
Competitive pay & benefits!
Comprehensive training and development programs that prepare employees to advance from within.
A company focused on creating a positive work and client environment.
Employee discounts on entertainment, products, and services nationwide!
Come Join Our Team!