Assistant Store Director
As the second leader in charge, the Assisting the Store Director is a significant contributor to the culture and energy that is generated in the store. They are responsible for achieving budgeted financial and operating results for an assigned Super King Markets store, maximizing store sales and profitability by ensuring the execution of promotional and merchandising programs in accordance with Buyer's plans and developing a store management team to ensure consistent execution of standard practices and other policies and procedures.
- Works safely at all times and follows all established safety guidelines and procedures
- Store Review--formal "store walks" required to ensure store conditions, customer service and satisfaction, product quality, freshness, availability, variety, and execution of all policies and procedures. Conducts formal "store walks" at various times and uses these to provide immediate feedback to department managers to effect improvement.
- Ensures that customers are welcomed to the store, experience good store conditions, and are able to find what they need, check out in a reasonable time frame, and receive a greeting from every associate they come into contact with.
- People Management and Development--formal and informal talent management, development planning, and performance management activities required to ensure that associates are performing to their potential and developing skills necessary for future promotions.
- Assesses staffing needs, interviews and selects new employees and ensures department management is able to identify and select qualified candidates to meet their staffing needs; coordinates with the District Manager as necessary.
- Review financial and operating results to determine where the store stands relative to budgeted sales, expenses, and payroll and how to maximize strengths and improve weaknesses.
- Monitors shrink and ensure that moneys are accounted for. Ensures that inventory and security controls are in place, consistent with Standard Practices.
- Responsible for store security and for ensuring that safety policies and procedures are followed; including: maintaining backdoor and key control and adequate security to control shrink losses.
- Ensures that Public Liability and Workers Compensation procedures are followed including conducting investigations and writing required reports.
- Maintains processes and procedures to be followed by employees in order to meet sanitary, Health Department, safety, security, Weights and Measure, and OSHA requirements.
- Plans required activities to ensure that all critical operations within a store are prioritized and performed efficiently and effectively.
- Performs other duties as requested or required by management.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, read and hear in English. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
Qualifications and Skills
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to (50) pounds. Employee must ask another employee for assistance when lifting anything over 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 4 years of store management experience in the retail industry. Grocery experience preferred.
- Ability to build sales, achieve predetermined economic and financial goals for the store, including profit margin and labor costs.
- Sufficient mathematical proficiency to perform required functions such as budget development/management, financial analysis, store profitability, and business plan development.
- Proficiency in written communication is also required.
- A working knowledge or the ability to learn Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, or similar programs.
- Minimum six years overall managerial experience at store level, including supervision of staff; customer service/relations, compliance with company policies and procedures, ability to ensure that total store production and quality standards are met.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied and flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, or days.
- Ability and willingness to transfer to any of our locations based on business needs.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to perform essential functions, with reasonable accommodation if needed.
Super King Markets is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran, or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Super King Markets will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Super King Markets. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation.