Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Law Enforcement-267327
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Primary Location MO-St. Louis
Full-time / Part-time Full-time
Employee Status Regular
Overtime Status Exempt
Job Type Experienced
Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift Day Job
Job Sensitivity Tier II - Credit Check
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. The St. Louis Fed’s responsibilities include promoting stable prices, economic growth and a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis has an Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Law Enforcement position available in St. Louis, MO. The AVP/VP of Law Enforcement has overall responsibility and oversight for the department that protects and safeguards the property, personnel and operations of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. This individual serves as primary contact regarding Bank security matters with FRS law enforcement management and external law enforcement organizations. This position is responsible for managing budgets, planning and developing organizational structure and addressing security needs for the Bank.
The AVP/VP has responsibility for leading the Law Enforcement Unit (“LEU”) teams in St Louis and Memphis, and the role requires strong, visible and active leadership for the function in both offices.
- Partners with senior Bank management to create a vision and strategy for the Law Enforcement Function of the Eighth District as well as contributes to the overall strategy of the Federal Reserve System Law Enforcement function (i.e., active participation on Bank/System-level workgroups, task forces, etc.).
- Remains abreast of industry trends and leads the research of law enforcement best practices and emerging issues.
- Identifies operational and technology solutions and manages related projects to safeguard the District’s facilities, assets and personnel.
- Develops and maintains critical relationships with the Board of Governors, other Reserve Bank officials, local/state/federal law enforcement agencies and various external entities to advance functional objectives.
- Ensures business continuity preparedness. Provides oversight to the actions of management and officers who respond to or provide emergency services. Monitors and provides oversight emergency response operations plans and related activities while working with all external resources as applicable.
- Performs people leadership functions such as hiring, staff development counseling, employee performance appraisals, discipline, compensation decisions and other personnel actions. Addresses staff performance issues in a consistent and timely manner.
- Provides direction and oversight for investigations related to security issues and/or prohibited activities.
- Updates and communicates changes to procedure manual for compliance with System-wide policies and procedures.
- Ensures strong operational controls and effectively interfaces with the Board of Governors, internal audit and/or other oversight entities regarding the operational and/or financial performance of the Department.
- Responsible for the department’s overall budget performance.
- Maintain, coordinate and disseminate national security classified communications as appropriate.
- Coordinate the process of seeking national security clearances for select executives and staff.
- May operate as a law enforcement officer pursuant to the authority given to the Board of Governors by Section 11 (q) of the Federal Reserve Act; authorized personnel act as law enforcement officers pursuant to the regulations of the Board of Governors and approved by the US Attorney General (Uniform Regulations for Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officers). This includes satisfying the firearm and other Law Enforcement equipment qualification requirements as outlined in the FRLE Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or business.
- 10+ years of work experience in law enforcement, military or high-level security.
- At least 5 years of senior-level law enforcement management/supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk, apply sound judgment and take action when the outcomes of events are unclear.
- Ability to set positive leadership tone through gaining respect of staff, peers and stakeholders.
- Capable of coaching staff to increase performance while increasing/maintaining employee engagement.
- Capable of quickly developing expert knowledge of LEU policies and procedures, Bank’s organizational structure and building layout and HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively manage change and motivate staff through changes in job duties or work environment.
- Must be able to interact with staff, peers and senior management in a comfortable and effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the use of PCs, E-mail, MS Word, Excel and able to learn other computer-based training applications.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Travel (20%)
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a Top U.S. Secret Security Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Our organization offersbenefitsthat are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult), and more
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence grow. Learn moreaboutthe Bank and its culture; check out ourCareers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.