PART-TIME ASSISTANT COACH POSITION
Coaching for Soccer Shots Westchester, NY will expose you to the ins and outs of a career in youth sports. Part-time coaches work directly with families, distribute marketing materials, manage programs, and carry out the various responsibilities of a coach—while maintaining the utmost professionalism when interacting with staff and program participants. Soccer Shots coaches receive professional experience with children ages 2-8 and references for a future career in related fields.
Sessions may be given to you according to your availability and location in Westchester, NY
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Leadership/Management
- Assist in the overall execution of a scheduled Soccer Shots season.
- Assist in distributing up-to-date marketing materials.
- Communicate effectively with the leadership team, business partners, and families.
- Assist in coordinating the distribution of products and materials to families.
- Attend 100% of assigned coaching sessions for an entire season. Typically 8-10 weeks.
- Prior soccer experience is not required. We only require a passion for positively impacting children’s lives.
- Pass a Federal and State background check.
- Support Lead Coach in teaching an expert-approved curriculum weekly, updating attendance online, and providing an overall positive experience to participating children and their families.
- Maintain equipment and fields between all classes (temperature checking, sanitizing, cleaning up equipment, etc.)
SKILLS REQUIRED (S.C.O.R.E.):
- Safety-conscious, whose #1 priority is the safety of children under their care.
- Caring, engaging with each child through specific and positive affirmations.
- Organized, who plan ahead and are systematic in routine, conducting each session according to the lesson plan and working with children to maintain appropriate order for the age group.
- Responsible, who are committed to doing what is expected of them as the coach and "face" of Soccer Shots.
- Energetic, bringing Soccer Shots to life by creating a fun and exciting atmosphere that leads a child to smile and participate.
A Part-Time Assistant Coach will earn $15 per hour. This is a part time position with classes available Saturday and Sunday mornings between 8AM-12PM. Additional hours may be available, however, they are not guaranteed.
Each class is 30 - 45 minutes long. We provide all the necessary training, equipment, and curriculum materials.
Who is Soccer Shots? Soccer Shots is the leader in youth soccer development for children ages 2-8. Our nationally recognized program offers a high energy, fun, age-appropriate introduction to the wonderful game of soccer. Our innovative curriculum emphasizes both soccer skills and character development. Our goal is simple: to leave a lasting, positive impact on every child we serve.