The Independent Metro Athletic Conference (IMAC) is composed of 6 metropolitan-area independent high schools including The Blake School,Breck School, Minnehaha Academy, Mounds Park Academy, Providence Academy, and St. Paul Academy and Summit School. The conference’s mission is to provide a breadth of athletic opportunities, ensure competitive balance among member schools, promote recognition of individual student-athletes and the conference as a whole, and deepen the professional development of athletic coaches. The IMAC will conduct all activities under the auspices of, and in concert with, the Minnesota State High School League.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing specific athletic teams within the athletic department
- Keeping each sport current on any changes that may occur in the conference Constitution, responsibilities and procedures, and sport activity bylaws.
- Compiling, maintaining, and keeping the Conference history and records in all activities.
- Managing financial responsibilities and keeping accurate records of receipts and expenditures.
- Preparing an annual financial statement and proposed budget within the athletic department.
- Purchasing all individual and team awards that are approved by the conference.
- Responsible of hiring, firing and directing athletic coaches.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Computer skills, including knowledge of rSchoolToday software.
- In-depth knowledge of MSHSL rules & guidelines.
- Knowledge of high school athletic programs.
- Knowledge of independent high school communities and functions.
- Ability to manage finances and budgets.
- Ability to mediate
Full time year-round.