- A J.D. degree from a ABA accredited law school and admission to the Michigan Bar or the ability to practice in-house for a Michigan company.
- 4+ years of experience as a practicing attorney, with a focus on commercial contracts.
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to operate well independently and on team projects. Ideal candidate must be confident, enthusiastic, and a self-starter who is results oriented, exercises good judgment, and is sensitive to the needs of the business while skillfully and diplomatically managing risks for the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and to identify and resolve legal issues in the context of the organization's short- and long-term goals.
- In-house experience with an emphasis on drafting and negotiating vendor agreements, or similar experience at a law firm’s dedicated procurement group.
You will work closely with internal and external clients on a wide variety of matters relating to commercial contracts. You will have an opportunity to assist in the development and improvement of various processes to improve the operations of the legal team and company. This is an exceptional opportunity to unleash your talent as a trusted legal and business advisor for a dynamic organization with a national reputation that continues to grow at a rapid pace.
- Draft, review, redline, and negotiate a wide array of day-to-day buy-side and sell-side operational agreements, including, for example, consulting, service, technology, confidentiality, sponsorship, artist, and property management agreements.
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsel on significant and high-risk contract matters.
- Address pre- and post-execution contract questions and resolve legal and compliance issues.
- Draft and maintain contract templates.
- Perform legal subject matter expert reviews as part of the company’s vendor risk management program.
- Provide project support as necessary to the larger Legal Team.
- Review legal processes, structures, and policies and procedures throughout the organization, identifying opportunities for improvement and recommending appropriate changes.
- Maintain broad knowledge of areas relating to commercial contracting.
- Assist with the development and implementation of relevant team member training.
Who We Are
- Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question – it’s part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.