The Associate Director of Global Facilities Operations is responsible for managing enterprise wide projects for the global facilities operations team, with a focus on process and continuous improvement. The role will support projects at Vertex’s headquarters in Boston as well as at other R&D and Commercial sites globally. Excellent communications, organization skills, and creativity in problem solving are required for success in this position. The candidate must have a high level of professionalism, be capable of working independently with less direct oversight from leadership and be willing to take accountability and ownership of issues and concerns to drive exceptional results.
- Lead the Global Facilities Operations team in developing and implementing processes and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist in developing and implementing a best-in-class facilities operations plan focusing on maintenance best practices, effective planning and scheduling and asset life-cycle management.
- Develop and standardize workflows, KPI’s, metrics and documentation and training.
- Develop an integration and roll-out plan for an enterprise-wide facilities and asset management system.
- Define, plan and manage the full scope of assigned projects.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, communicate and mitigate project risks.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to successful outcomes.
- Forecast, track, and manage project budgets, POs, and invoices.
- Coordinate appropriate resources (technical & non-technical) to meet project needs.
- Coordinate teams to implement projects and services with optimal efficiency, on time and within budget.
- Develop effective partnerships and work collaboratively with business partners (PMO, Facilities, Security, HR, Finance, EHS&S, Legal, IT, Corporate Communications, etc.).
- Plan and manage internal and external project communications, ensuring effective and timely exchange of project information, expectations, and deliverables.
- Provide and promote high standards of professionalism, integrity and leadership, both within and outside the organization, appropriately representing Vertex core values, business philosophies, protocols and standards.
- Cultivate change and innovation by seeking opportunities to strengthen and improve existing services and operations.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Global Operations or Pharma/Biotech Project Management
- Strong expertise and proven track record in process improvement
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint creation
- The candidate must be able to build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and be a trusted team leader.
- Ability to work at a fast pace on multiple projects of a critical nature.
- A committed team player comfortable in a matrixed hierarchy.
- Strong understanding of operations principles and practices.
- Proven track record of surpassing objectives and delivering exceptional results.
- Proven ability to guide and influence members of team.
- Prior experience with developing budgets and controlling costs.