Associate Director of Residential Programs / Full-Time / Days
Chestnut Health Systems
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Residential Programs for our Bloomington, IL facility.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Supervision of the residential programs, ensuring programming is operating at an optimal level, including exercising discretion and independent judgment on a daily basis related to required and desired program components and services.
- Support and model Recovery Value of Hope by maintaining a strength-based approach, communicating client outcomes and success stories, encouraging staff, and advocating for their success.
- Support and model Recovery Value of Respect by speaking to staff, clients, and colleagues assertively, addressing issues directly when needed, and maintaining positive relationships with other departments.
- Support and model Recovery Value of Empowerment by offering support and guidance to staff, encouraging them to engage and invest in program development, maintaining a presence on the units to mentor and coach staff, and to be involved in setting their professional goals.
- Support and model Recovery Value of Health/Wellness by modeling and encouraging staff to engage in healthy coping strategies. Encourage and support scheduled breaks, reasonable work hours, and responsible use of vacation and personal time. Take responsibility for the cleanliness of the units/building.
- Support and model Recovery Value of Spirituality/Connectedness by maintaining positive and healthy relationships with colleagues and staff, encouraging teamwork, and supporting colleagues and staff. Maintain accessibility and responsiveness to staff.
- Develop treatment curricula, incorporating the latest research-based best practices
- Assist the Residential Programs Unit Coordinator (Non-Clinical) with the training of non-clinical staff, as needed.
- Coordinate treatment services as assigned by staffing cases with clinical staff and making appropriate recommendations according to ASAM, SUPR, and Joint Commission criteria.
- Attend and supervise assigned and designated staff meetings.
- Supervise the completion of clinical activities such as skills/education groups for clients and monitor the completeness and timeliness of documentation.
- Master’s degree in a human services field; or a Bachelor’s degree in a human services field with at least five (5) years’ clinical experience and five (5) years’ supervisory and administrative experience.
- Illinois license of LMFT, LCSW or LCPC or Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) certification required.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care and co-occurring disorders required.
- Requires the ability to exercise professional, independent discretion, and judgment related to who will reside in the program, needed program components, and consumer treatment recommendations.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled