Associate Director, Sustainability - (Job Number: 21002889)
Associate Director, Sustainability
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of %2427 billion. We live our mission ofmaking our world more productiveevery day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals refining, food beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Lindersquo;s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.For more information about the company, please visit our website atwww.lindeus.com.
The role is focused on managing key programs, analyzing program performance, and planning. The role would be responsible be responsible to direct/support development of materials, including for some environmental programs as well as social programs. A strong project management background is essential to this position.
- Accountable for executing global programs and supporting the strategic direction of Sustainable Development
- Work with leadership, global SD coordinators, and employees in all businesses regions to understand the baseline, establish program priorities, identify best practices and/needs and develop programs and activities in local communities.
- Work with senior leaders to develop appropriate opportunities to incorporate SD to add value to address relevant business needs,
- Develop, champion, and provide guidance for global community engagement programs/ initiatives, and bring value from these programs.
- Reporting of key metrics through sustainable development management system, procedure maintenance and process improvement
- Build external relationships with entities concerned with social responsibility and other external stakeholders to position company activities, where appropriate.
- Manage team members in the timely execution of SD Reporting process, establish effective work processes and project milestones, monitor progress vs. goals, and take action as necessary
- Research trends, best practices, and peer comparison in areas of corporate philanthropy.
- Utilize information and continually drive strategic direction in order to bring competitive advantage to Linde. Employ techniques (Voice of the customer for CE project database survey revisions) to improve data analysis/ quality. (ex. Dow Jones Sustainability Index Social Philanthropy)
- Contract management for department
- Develop systems to track and report key metrics for other internal and external reporting.
- During the development of IT systems, work with internal and external partners and team to establish effective work processes and project milestones, monitor progress vs. goals, and take action as necessary.
- Bachelorrsquo;s degree required (Engineering or Business-related field preferred; Masterrsquo;s degree preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in engineering, sustainability or corporate social responsibility or ESG.
- Significant years of experience at a management level in an organization, with a proven track record of achievement
- Ability to build and maintain global relationships with technical/functional colleagues as well as regional leads
- Experience with complex program and project management
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong team player with positive attitude toward change
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) as well as ability to deliver presentations to key stakeholders
- Demonstrate a drive for results that have a direct and measurable impact.
- Appreciation for the value that SD programs bring
- Travel 30%; domestic and international
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Primary Location Connecticut-Danbury
Job Posting Sustainability
Unposting Date Sep 15, 2021, 5:42:45 PM