Associate Director - Sustainability Partnerships and Engagement
New York City, New York, United States, NY
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 100,000 talented people in 112 countries. Our company creates transformative ideas and outcomes for its clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce and technology. WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world’s biggest companies and organisations – from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC and the UN. Our clients include 69 of the FTSE 100, 348 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 70 of the NASDAQ 100.
WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide. The company is quoted on the London Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
Why we're hiring:
WPP is on a global transformation journey and this is an opportunity to join WPP’s Sustainability team to shape and deliver a new sustainability strategy with industry first carbon commitments.
What you'll be doing:
You’ll be responsible for identifying and developing a network of strategic partnerships to ensure WPP’s Sustainability Strategy can be delivered at scale. This will involve two key areas:
- Ensuring an effective rollout across the WPP network, creating a world class training programme for our leadership across the network
- Developing a network of global partnerships to support the rollout by working with external businesses and partners
Supports delivery of WPP’s Sustainability Strategy by identifying, developing, and growing strategic partnerships across the WPP network and with external organisations including: businesses, start-ups, social enterprises, academics, NGOs, and influencers to drive change at scale.
The role will build, grow and manage a network of sustainability enthusiasts and experts across WPP’s businesses around the world and will be responsible for WPP’s programme of internal and external sustainability events, including webinars, roundtables, and speaking opportunities at other organisations’ events.
You will develop sustainability training programmes that will bolster capability around key issues and deliver against WPP’s sustainability strategy. Working closely with the WPP Communications and Marketing teams to develop a proactive comms strategy on sustainability.
- Builds and manages an active community of sustainability experts and enthusiasts across the WPP network, including developing resources, sharing best practice and encouraging collaboration
- Forges, builds and maintains external partnerships with industry associations, NGOs, academic institutions, UN agencies, social enterprises and other organisations to build WPP’s reputation and deliver against our strategy
- Develops a programme of internal and external events to advance our sustainability strategy and reputation (including webinars, roundtables, summits and external speaking opportunities)
- Represents WPP in external groups and at external events to support advocacy on sustainability and enhance WPP’s reputation
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop training, tools, and resources to build capability and confidence across agencies and client teams on sustainability
- Provide support and consultation with WPP agencies to deliver against WPP’s Sustainability Strategy and build capability to strengthen client-facing sustainability offerings
- Work with partners, internally and externally, to bolster knowledge of sustainability trends and client requirements and deliver training to implement our strategy
What you'll need:
- Experience, ideally in a sustainability-related role, with experience of building communities and partnerships
- A strong understanding of the sustainability issues relevant to a global business
- A good understanding of, and relationships with, key thought-leaders and credible academic institutions and NGOs driving the global sustainability agenda;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience speaking in public
- Able to act as an ambassador for WPP, and build strong personal and organisational relationships with individuals and institutions
- Track record of running different types of event to budget and with positive feedback from participants
- Strong attention to detail
- An analytical thinker who is confident with quantitative and qualitative analysis and data management
Who you are:
You’re open:We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are open-minded: to new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You’re optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with confidence: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You’re extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we deliver extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, driven people – We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and deliver projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information on how we process the information you provide.