Associate Director, US HCP Marketing - Metabolics
Associate Director, US HCP Marketing - Metabolics
My client, a global, publicly traded, rare disease division of a larger pharma company, is based in Boston MA. They combine groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening, and often ultra-rare diseases. The company’s scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of that play an important role in the body's immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. They are driven by the following values: Find Answers, Change the World, and Create a Legacy.
This patient-centric organization offers a collaborative culture of like-minded individuals gathered around a common goal. Smart, driven, high-performing colleagues for you to partner with! Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you can make a real difference!
They have the best of both worlds at this organization…the autonomy to be the experts in the field that they are, but also the backing and resources of large pharma to support them. They have a solid rare disease pipeline with 8-10 launches anticipated in the next couple of years!
Currently seeking an Associate Director, US HCP Marketing to join their team. This is for a pre-launch ultra-rare metabolic disease that will be competing in a space that has not had a new product in 30+ years. This position will have very high visibility and can be based in either Boston or Delaware.
- Solid US focused HCP marketing experience
- Non-personal promotional, branded and unbranded experience
- Experience with NSM’s, congresses, regional meetings, etc. a plus
- Launch experience a plus
- Rare disease experience is a plus but not required
- High energy, strong communication skills
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Can be based out of the Boston office or Delaware office
As part of the metabolic U.S. commercial team, the Associate Director, US HCP Marketing, Wilson disease will be reporting into the US Launch Lead and partner with the US cross-functional & global teams to support the U.S. Wilson launch strategy, execute the non-personal and digital HCP unbranded campaign, and develop the brand multichannel marketing plan for launch. This role will work closely with the Director, US HCP Marketing, Wilson disease who will be responsible for HCP strategy across personal and non-personal channels.
- Lead the development of non-personal promotional materials communicating brand and disease messages to HCP audience
- Execute the HCP non-personal multichannel marketing plan for both unbranded and branded content
- Lead the development and execution of workshops at national sales meetings, Regional Meetings, & ad hoc events
- Support development of Wilson strategic plans
- Support HCP congress execution
- Cultivate strong relationships with cross functional teams, including global marketing and market research to develop market insights
- Collaborate with Sales and TLL team to identify best practices and uncover needs/ trends to improve consistency of brand strategy execution for the HCP audience
- Collaborate with legal, regulatory and compliance to ensure coordinated and compliant execution across roles and responsibilities
- Track and monitor key performance indicators
- Ensure strong budget management including ROI metric assessment
- This position may require up to 20% travel
- Develop and execute the HCP non-personal multichannel media plan for the Wilson unbranded campaign
- Execute and maintain the non-personal promotional campaign and digital platform
- Support the development of the branding, brand value proposition and message platform in partnership with global marketing, medical, HEOR, patient advocacy and market access
- Manage brand AOR and other agencies as well as budget
- Master’s Degree preferred, 5-7 years pharmaceutical industry experience and a working knowledge of marketing principles, including key principles of brand management, professional promotion, and the sales process
- Experience developing promotional marketing strategies and tactics, with a focus on implementation of non-personal and digital tactics through a combination of individual and team efforts
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects across functional areas and work independently when appropriate, both in teams and as a sub-team lead or partner with the HCP Marketing Director
- Experience in managing external agencies and/or vendors on a day-to-day basis
- Experience in budget management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated track record and ability to drive results as an effective team member
- Must demonstrate an energy, enthusiasm and passion which brings a positive approach to all challenges and team
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- High sense of ethics and responsibility
- Ability to travel as required to meet business needs (up to 20%)
- Previous launch experience in the U.S. preferred
If this is close, but not the exact fit, I specialize exclusively in pharma/biotech commercial opportunities. To view my other openings, please visit:
Once to the page, you may want to bookmark it as I update it regularly. If you are interested in an opportunity, please email me, including your resume and I will reply and schedule a time to chat if there is a potential fit. AGAIN, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. I work by appointment only as I am on calls all day every day. THANK YOU!