Associate General Dentist
Children's Choice and Premier Orthodontics
San Francisco, CA
We strive to be your top Choice as a healthcare employer!
Do you desire fulfillment and flexibility in your career? Do you want to work for a practice dedicated to delivering quality patient care and empowering your professional growth?
Look no more!
Children’s Choice & Premier Orthodontics is calling all movers and shakers. Thinkers and doers. Smile and dream makers. Healers and heroes.
Join us on our mission to provide everyone access to the healthcare they need.
Our patients come from all over California, and so do our Choice teams. Our award-winning teams provide best-in-class care and smiles to children all over. Choice team members get to make a difference every day.
Choose to be part of a professional and diverse health care team, and apply today!
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Associate General Dentist to join our team! If you are a motivated self-starter with an excellent work ethic, we would love to hear from you.
Children’s Choice Dental Care and Premier Orthodontics offers great pay, group healthcare benefits, paid time off, 401(k) with 4% match, and flexible schedules that foster work-life balance. Join a progressive company culture rich with employee engagement activities. We provide training support for the right candidate.
Our team members are part of our CHOICE family, where we provide professional, financial, and personal growth for your dental career. Our dental practices provide excellent patient care, and our team members are appreciated and respected as professional colleagues.
Our Associate General Dentists are expected to:
- Provide quality care to patients
- Be able to see high patient volumes
- Be able to work with children
We offer Immigration Sponsoring Programs including: OPT, H-1B, TN, and Green Card (full-time only).
We offer our Associate General Dentists:
- Lucrative production and earning potential
- Company Paid Professional Malpractice Liability Insurance
- 401(k) with company match (full time providers)
- Access to participate in Group Healthcare benefits (full time providers)
- Part time positions available (select locations)
- Much more…
Summary: The Associate General Dentist is the primary provider of clinical and dental services of all patients of record seen by the Associate Dentist at Children’s Choice Pediatric Dental Care. This position requires accuracy, attention to detail and commitment to following clinical and administrative procedures as established by Children’s Choice Pediatric Dental Care & Premier Orthodontics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the Following. Other duties may be assigned.
Auditing of Charts per “Clinical Assurance & Compliance Program Outline”
- Review charts daily in Open Dental
- Ensure that assistants are completing chart information accurately throughout the day
- Apply other SOPs and Protocols as required
Training Assistants to Achieve Proper Company Certifications
- Ensure that Assistants are competent in their day-to-day duties
- Support and advise Assistants when preparing for various clinical advancement
Develop Rapport with the Team, Parents and Patients
- Greet parents and patients, as well as staff, with professionalism and warmth
- Avail themselves to other staff and take part in daily team huddles.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with patients and parents of patients for matters relating to treatments, billing, and office operations.
Ensure Proper Clinical Management Oversight
- Advise and Contribute to increasing the performance and efficiency of Back Office Lead and assistants by ensuring the execution of proper clinical operations.
- Maintain office flow and minimum patient wait time but interacting with Back Office Lead and assistants
- Contribute to annual staff reviews as assigned
Maintaining a Proper Work Environment
- Dress Code
Uses and enforces appropriate clinical attire and accessories including, but not limited to, eye protection, clinical attire, radiation badges, jewelry, etc.
Enforce Company policy and professional work environment by ensuring staff are making maximum use of work time
Abide by Office Policies Regarding Patient Time and Personal Time
- During clinical hours and time of clinical service, all time should be devoted to the clinical services of patients.
- In the event of “downtime”, Associate Dentists are expected to review and audit charts to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
- Associates are expected to refrain from personal use of computers, cell phones or any other behavior unrelated to providing of clinical services to patients.
Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Ability to get along and work effectively with others.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job requires the Associate Dentist to play an advisory role and collaborate with the Practice Manager in supervision of ALL Clinical/Back Office staff.
Expectations of Performance: The employee in this role shall be considered to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been proven:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional patient situations, responds promptly to patient needs; solicits patient feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of the team above own interest; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; listens and responds constructively to other team members' ideas and proposals; is open with other team members about his/her concerns; expresses disagreement constructively.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative task correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside actives, supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic office equipment such as: computer, internet, email, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid and current dental license, DDS or DMD Degree from an accredited dental program, active CPR/BLS certification, active DEA certification, and active NPI number.
Physical and Emotional Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The inability to cope with a stressful work environment does not constitute a protected disability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop kneel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.