Associate Principal Could Engineer
ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services.
ALTA IT is looking for a lead Cloud Engineer/ DevOp engineer for a 6 month contract to hire role that is 100% REMOTE.
PREFER SOMEONE WITH A CURRENT SECRET CLEARANCE BUT AT LEAST NEED TO BE A CLEARABLE US CITIZEN.
Senior Cloud Engineer and help accelerate our customers journey to full Development Security Operations (DevSecOps) paradigms to deliver capability to our training audience.
As the Senior Cloud Engineer, you'll work with limited supervision as an architectural liaison across the many engineering projects to design, integrate, validate and field cloud enabling DevSecOps infrastructure into a fully automated, service-oriented, hybrid IT. Design, build and oversee the deployment and operation of automated build pipelines, migrations, security and compliance in hybrid cloud environments.
- Analyze the cloud infrastructure needs. Participate to selection and deployment of cloud solutions, software factory design, and underlying infrastructure.
- Design and implement private cloud infrastructure. Ensure full integration with hybrid cloud platform management layer, identity management and R&D infrastructure.
- Work closely with other engineering teams as the enterprise liaison. Support the organization in maturing the infrastructure into a fully automated, service-oriented, hybrid IT.
- Work with automating build pipelines, migrations, security and compliance, TCP/IP networking in the cloud and on premise, automation using cloud technologies in preparation for cloud service provides such as Azure or Amazon Web Services for DoD, and ability to script or program. Define, implement and manage a cloud based infrastructure.
- Perform tool administrative tasks and provide application design which support our platform. Address infrastructure security requirements, design systems which address sustainment. Implement an enterprise monitoring environment using industry standard technologies. Transfer knowledge via documentation and training to software development organization.
- Establish foundation for future implementations and automation requirements in cloud environments, identify opportunities for automation and design scalable solutions. Design monitoring, dashboards, escalations and alerts. Work closely with business technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- Chair organization wide Integrated Project teams to coordinate and collaborate with the many development programs and leverage those relationships to codify an enterprise cloud enabled DevSecOps solutions and paradigms such as gitOps.
- 10+ years of combined experience in DevSecOps, Systems Engineering, Agile development methodologies and Software Engineering related roles
- Experience leading complex teams of highly skilled technical teams
- Experience developing and build relationships with engineers and managers alike
- Experience designing and deploying automated provisioning of Kubernetes clusters and related infrastructure for development teams and production systems
- Experience developing declarative build and release pipelines with on-premise and cloud DevOps Pipelines, Jenkins, or similar
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes concepts including cluster architecture, scheduling, networking, service mesh and storage
- Solid background in Linux, Docker, and automation scripting in one or more of the following languages/tools: Bash, Terraform, Python, Ansible
- Understanding of GitOps Continuous Deployment practices and declarative infrastructure
- Track record of developing unit and integrate tests for IaC and custom software to verify infrastructure and service configuration and performance
- Background configuring monitoring and alerting with Prometheus/Grafana or similar telemetry tools
- Strong practical administration skills in on-premise, public cloud and data center environments within DoD
- Knowledge of web application Security best practices and ability to act as a liaison between Security, infrastructure and software development teams
- Experience with industry leaders in DevSecOps providers such as Rancher, Rancher Federal, Openshift or others
About the Company
System One delivers specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. For more than 30 years, we’ve built our reputation on exceptional talent, flexible delivery and full accountability. System One’s national network spans energy, engineering, IT, commercial, scientific & clinical, legal and beyond. System One is based in Pittsburgh, PA.