Touro College New York
New York, NY
New York, NY
16 days ago
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center invites applications for a full-time Associate Registrar position at our campus located in Central Islip Long Island. Touro College is seeking an individual with excellent communication skills both verbal and written to assist the Registrarâ€™s Office in the collection entry maintenance protection and reporting of permanent student information. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing accuracy is a must. Excellent data-entry and customer service skills required. The Assistant/Associate Registrar works with the Registrar and has custodial responsibilities associated with the official academic records of law students currently or previously enrolled in study at the Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
- Reports directly to the Registrar.
- Works cooperatively with students faculty administrators and other student service offices and the corresponding officials at Touro College to ensure the security and accuracy of records and excellent service provided to the students.
- Provides limited academic and administrative counseling for students.
- Assists with the preparation of the Academic Calendar for each semester and for the summer and winter sessions.
- Coordinates with the Graduation & Awards Committee to plan and execute the plan for the annual Commencement Exercises.
- Manages transcript request process and issues transcripts.
- Receives maintains and organizes student files in paper and electronic format.
- Exercises duties in accordance with FERPA as well as state and federal regulations.Assists the Registrar with the following:
- Conducts an academic review with each candidate for graduation at least one semester prior to the studentâ€™s final semester to affirm that the student will satisfy all degree requirements by the time he or she is eligible to graduate and notifies the candidate in writing of any degree requirements not satisfied.
- Conducts a review of academic records and standings following each semester and communicates findings in written reports to the Dean the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs the Assistant Dean of Administration and the Assistant Dean for Student Services.
- Organizes student hearings before the Academic Policy Committee.
- Prepares the registration materials for student registration and oversees the registration process including the processing distribution and management of records class schedule creation in the student information system collection and recording the proof of immunizations assistance with on-line registration processing add/drops and solves any problems that accrue during registration.
- Records grades in the student information system.
- Works as a liaison with the National Student Clearinghouse with regard to student status and reports to lenders. Provides in-school deferment verifications.
- Light â€“ ability to work with files sitting for long periods of time standing
- Conferences training sessions at Touro College in Manhattan
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Must be a capable efficient and well-organized individual with strong leadership and managerial skills
- Must be capable of working independently and as a cooperative team member in an office setting with confidential student records.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word Excel Outlook
- Experience with Banner Degree Works Parchment a plus
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Higher Education Administration Student Services or related field.
- Five yearâ€™s prior work experience in higher education.