30+ days ago
Assistant General Manger
The 5 Senses Culture:
At 5 Senses we are driven by igniting the 5 senses of our guests and team members through genuine acts of hospitality. It is our mission to touch the hearts of our guests and teams, to welcome all we see, to add flavor to the experience, anticipate, listen and respond to needs and help our team smell success. We are an experienced team doing hospitality a new way.
Getting the Job Done:
· In conjunction with the GM and by example lead the team to provide the guests and each other with professional, efficient, courteous and genuine hospitality.
· Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, leadership and communication to the operating departments reporting to you.
· Ensure the security, cleanliness, preventative maintenance and safety are completed to the property specific best practices and Brand standards.
· Ensure the effective communication to team members and guests of information needed to enhance their experience.
· Work with the GM to execute the annual planning process which includes the sales and marketing plan, operating budget, capital expenditures and human capital plan.
· Understand and assist the GM in monthly forecasting and P&L management.
· Ensure departments directly reporting to you are executing to their budgeted revenue and expense plans.
· Ensure compliance to all best practice operating policies and procedures in accordance with property specific and Brand standards.
· Ability to step into any role in the operations departments as needed to ensure guest and team satisfaction.
· Monitor Brand Service Scores daily and take the appropriate action to ensure scores are communicated to the team and maintained above the Brand average.
· Empower your team to manage all guest concerns appropriately and to the guest’s satisfaction; provide coaching to ensure that business objectives are taken into consideration.
· Hold your direct reports and yourself accountable for providing informal and formal feedback to all team members in alignment with the performance development policy and procedure.
· Require your team department leaders to identify and develop team members that have the desire and skills to promote to the next level; support these efforts personally.
· In conjunction with the GM execute a Manager on Duty program to ensure the highest level of leadership exists at all times for guests and team members.
· Ensures team attends all mandatory meetings and timely completes all required training.
Experience for Success:
· 2 years of Hotel management experience
· High school diploma, College degree preferred
· A record of progressive experience and development in the hospitality industry
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; a second language a plus
· Financial skills including P&L management, expense control and forecasting
· Record of proven success as a leader delivering outstanding guest experiences and team development
· Computer skills including comfort in use of Word, Excel and Power Point
The Good Stuff:
· Opportunity to grow your career and develop thru structured development programs
· Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
· Bonus Opportunity
· Wellness and Commuter Stipend
· Vacation PTO and Paid Sick Days
· 7 Paid Holidays
· Free nights at our hotels
· Monthly fun and recognition
The Fine Print:
5 Senses Hospitality Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to the federal law requirements 5 Senses Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in all locations in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. 5 Senses Hospitality Management expressively prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of a 5 Senses team member to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination.