St. Paul Academy and Summit School seeks candidates for the position of Head girls Varsity Soccer Coach. This coach will serve as the Program Head for the 5-12 grade soccer program and will be responsible for creating a vision for the program and executing a plan to successfully lead, develop, and nurture our student-athletes in a positive educational based athletic philosophy. Season begins August August 16, 2021.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate strong organizational skills, effective communication skills with students, parents, and administration, teach and develop essential soccer skills, display positive game conduct and develop players ability to work together as a team. A qualified candidate should have coaching experience at the high school level and in a state association like the MSHSL. Candidates should support the mission of SPA and be able to contribute to the life of the School outside of the classroom.
Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive environment that promotes good sportsmanship.
- Work closely with the US and MS Athletics Directors to build a coaching staff of qualified coaches
- Well-organized and structured practices
- Coordinating game schedules
- Working with the athletics administrative assistant in scheduling transportation
- Maintaining accurate records and other required paperwork (rosters, schedules, physicals, match results, records and individual and team accolades)
- Provides effective supervision and evaluation of all players
- Create a rapport with the great community, generating interest in the program
- Be visible in the greater youth community
- Show a willingness to create a compelling program where roles are clearly defined, opportunities are provided for all
- Recognize contributions of all; impress upon the athletes and parents that their efforts are valued
- Participate as a positive team member in the development and support of excellence within the Athletic Department.
Please submit the following information with your application to be considered: cover letter, resume and list of references.
SPA is committed to diversity and equal opportunity.