Worcester, MA Category:
Other Posted On:
Sat Feb 13 2021 Job Description:
The Athletic Facilities, Events & Swimming Pool Operations Manager position is an integral part of the Athletic Staff, overseeing facility management and operations of the swimming pool; as well as other athletic facilities and event management responsibilities. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities, Operations & Events.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for all facility maintenance. Maintenance of swimming pool; including pool filters and pumps, chemical feeders, pool heaters, backwashing and vacuuming of the pool. This also includes the general preventative maintenance at the facility as well as other facilities assigned by the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities, Operations & Events.
- Oversee all swimming staff including scheduling, hiring and training of life guards. Recruit, hire, train and manage direct reports that may consist of volunteers and students.
- Assist with planning and scheduling events assigned by the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities, Operations & Events.
- Establish a best practices procedure to coordinate and facilitate total customer satisfaction for the constituents the department supports. Institute administrative procedures which facilitate the work of the staff and provide a service-oriented structure for those served.
- While under direction of the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities, Operations & Events, works effectively as a liaison between various departments to ensure that services, quality and costs are balanced. Supports the preparation and maintenance of the departmental operational budgets in accordance with procedures and uphold accountability for operating within approved budget limits.
- Conceive, develop, and implement innovative and creative solutions leading to continuously improved processes. Provide a means for frequent and on-going feedback to the department on the effectiveness of the constituents served.
- Complete appropriate communications to ensure goals, objectives and expectations are communicated and completed in alignment with the overall College mission, division and department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Athletics/Facilities, Operations & Events
- Bachelor's degree; Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience with swimming pool management and operations; Basic knowledge of pool pump rooms and chemical distribution, preventive maintenance and operation.
- Certified Pool Operator Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently, strong self-motivation and effective time management skills; Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task, detail-oriented and ability to work with diverse group of staff members; Strong customer service with the ability to troubleshoot and handle pressure situations;
- Ability to thrive in a diverse, fast-paced, student-athlete service driven environment in a collegiate setting;
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Master's degree in related field
- Previous Division I intercollegiate athletic facility & operations experience in facility, event and swimming pool management.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certificate
This is a full time, exempt level position.
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,100 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 170,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits