30+ days ago
Athletic Trainer, Certified - Orlando Health Corporate
The Athletic Trainer will provide prevention, evaluation, education, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. This is a Pool/PRN Position.
Bachelor’s degree in athletic training or a related field. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Maintains current certification as an Athletic Trainer by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Board of Certification (BOC)
· Maintains current license as Athletic Trainer in the State of Florida, Department of Health
· Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider Certification.
· Valid Florida driver’s license and must be insurable under the Orlando Health insurance carrier’s requirements and standard.
· Demonstrates ability to appropriately treat patients according to professional standards of practice.
· Interpersonal communication skills include the ability to coordinate patient care with other team members, and educate patients and their families.
· Independently makes decisions that will affect the health and quality of life of patients.
· Maintains a cheerful atmosphere in which to treat.
· Demonstrates caring, honesty, and open communication with all and encourages a smart and a professional appearance in self and in others.
· Participates in performance improvement, program development, student supervision, assigned committees, safety and infection control, as required.
· Demonstrates an awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies.
· Practices efficient use and selection of supplies and equipment.
· Ensures complete documentation and accurate billing when applicable.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served.
· Assists with special events outside the clinic.
· Participates in the organization and development of educational and community programs.
· Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Orlando Health is one of Florida’s most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Florida’s largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients’ needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.