OSR Physical Therapy
Clinic Name: OSR Physical Therapy
Position: Athletic Trainer
Location: Chanhassen, Minnesota
Employment Type: Full time
Minimum Experience: 1+ year; New grads are welcome to apply
Benefits: Competitive benefits package including generous PTO and 401 K
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate
OSR PT is looking for a motivated individual with an entrepreneurial attitude to join our team as a full time Certified Athletic Trainer to provide comprehensive sports medicine services to our patients in clinic with occasional out reach coverage to athletes at a local High School in the area.
The primary responsibilities of the certified athletic trainer are to provide superior rehabilitative care to injured athletes and patients; to educate the public on injury prevention, rehabilitation, wellness and other health-related issues; and to maintain the highest standards of care and integrity.
Some components of the day-to-day responsibilities associated with this aspect of the position are:
- Promoting excellent patient care.
- Communicating with physical therapists and physicians regarding patients’ conditions.
- Devising a rehabilitation and treatment regimen in conjunction with physical therapists.
- Setting up and breaking down patient modalities.
- Maintaining charts and relevant paperwork.
- Tracking invoices and insurance benefits in conjunction with billing personnel.
- Conducting injury screenings for student-athletes.
- Generating and implementing at-home exercise programs.
- Assisting with day-to-day operations of the clinic (e.g. stocking supplies, cleaning, equipment maintenance, answering phones, etc.).
- Providing event coverage. All outreach and clinical ATCs will occasionally be asked to provide medical coverage at outside games, practices and/or tournaments.
The clinical/outreach athletic trainer provides athletic training services on an ongoing basis. The individual in this position performs a wide variety of duties requiring specific knowledge of the clinic’s policies and procedures. S/he is expected to meet the clinic’s professional, clinical, technical, communication and documentation requirements and standards and to make decisions based on established guidelines.
- NATA-BOC Certified Athletic Trainer
- Licensed as an Athletic Trainer in the state of Minnesota or license eligible
- CPR/ First Aid instructor preferred, but not required.
- Decision-making skills to make treatment assessments based on quick injury evaluation.
- The ability to analyze injuries and convert data into meaningful medical chart reports.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person and in writing. The athletic trainer will interact with management, doctors, professional staff, patients, general public and local schools and sports teams.
We welcome you to apply on line!