Audiovisual Support Technician
- 1 year of experience working with AV hardware
- Basic understanding of signal flow chart, audio tuning and equalization for various systems
- AV technician knowledge
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- AVIXA or Extron Technician Certificate
- General manufacturer certifications for Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Dante Level 1 and other equipment that AV Support uses
The Audiovisual Support Technician provides services to the AV equipment in about 350 meeting spaces in downtown Detroit and over half a dozen remote locations. They also support all AV equipment in common spaces, such as kitchens, lounges and restrooms. The support team responds promptly and works with many parts of the business.
- Assess and resolve system problems through back-end network access, and perform troubleshooting and repairs of AV equipment
- Perform frequent testing of AV equipment in physical and remote meeting spaces to ensure proper functioning status
- Respond to calls for service in an urgent time frame and escalate where applicable
- Work with third-party vendors on escalated service calls
- Keep accurate records for AV team documents, including inventory, frequencies and digital files
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.