Audit - Operational Review Manager
"Our Company provides a state of predictability which allows brokers and agents to act with confidence."
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation has grown from a small investment management firm into one of the largest commercial lines property and casualty insurers in the United States.
Along the way, weâ€™ve been listed on the New York Stock Exchange, seen our revenue soar well past $7 billion, and become a well-respected Fortune 500 Company.
Today, the Berkley brand comprises 53 Berkley companies worldwide. Still managed by our Executive Chairman, founder and largest shareholder, W. R. Berkley Corporation is well-positioned to respond to opportunities for future growth.
In April 2017, W. R. Berkley Corporation celebrated the 50th anniversary of its founding.
Lead and coordinate the Underwriting and Claims operational review process.
As the Manager
- Developing annual review plan by performing annual risk based assessment (Universe), including deciding which reviews to personally lead and which to delegate to Underwriting and/or Claim Review Leader(s)
- Managing and training Underwriting and Claim Review Leaders
- Ensuring that reviews are well planned, thorough and useful and achieve the goals of monitoring and improving the processes at the Companyâ€™s operating units
- Developing and maintaining relationships and communication with corporate Segment EVPs, SVP Claims, SVP Underwriting & Data Analytics, Actuarial and ERM staff
- Automating, standardizing and continuously improving the review process and reporting procedures
As the Review Leader
- Staffing and planning the review (reviews are staffed with claim professionals from the companyâ€™s operating units)
- Interviewing departmental personnel and senior management
- Coordinating the work of the review team members
- Assessing the practices, procedures, and results of the subject operating unit
- Assessing the effectiveness of the organizational structure, staffing, and management information
- Developing opportunities for improvement
- Leading closing meetings and delivering feedback
- Preparing the written report and recommendations
- Following up on implementation of recommendations
- Seasoned commercial P&C insurance professional (over 10 years)
- Claims and/or Underwriting Technical expertise
- involved in quality assurance initiatives
- been involved with a broad number of lines of business
- managed claims and/or Underwriting professionals
- been involved with best practices and metrics development and monitoring
- Diversified insurance experience
- primary insurance
- admitted and non-admitted
- standard lines and specialty lines
Skills and characteristics:
- Strong leader and manager - be able to manage a diverse group of team members
- Have presence to and experience in dealing with senior management
- Good at relationship building, influencing and persuading
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and has strong work ethic
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do work vs. just delegating
- Assertive yet flexible and open minded
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills
- Creative - to improve, automate and standardize the review process
- Work in an environment with no administrative support
The job will require travel (approximately 40%) to operating unit locations. Travel is mostly within the United States but there is some international travel as well. The US trips are usually 3 to 5 days, the international could be longer.Additional Company Details:The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. Additional Requirements:COVID-19 vaccine required unless prohibited by law.