30+ days ago
At BST, we partner with you to take the pressure off and deliver the most responsive, advanced, and innovative solutions. Our professionals include highly trained and experienced CPAs, MBAs, and financial advisors. We are entrepreneurial and progressive thinkers looking out for your future. In addition to traditional accounting services, our solutions include business and asset valuation, forensic accounting, litigation support, wealth management, and outsourcing services for accounting, human resources, and marketing.
Why choose BST:
· Diversity of our Expertise
· Communication is Open and Objective
· Professional Environment and Attitude is Fostered
· Advancement is Encouraged
· Ideas are Welcome
· Community Impact and Employee Engagement
Please visit our website to learn more about BST’s Talent Experience.
About the Accounting & Auditing Team
Our accounting and auditing services extend far beyond the standard issuance of financial statements. We understand that well-organized, accurate, timely and meaningful financial information is the key to understanding your business operations and making informed decisions.
BST's business advisory approach to audit services looks beyond basic accounting entries to underlying transactions and business systems. Substantial emphasis is placed on understanding each company's operations and fundamental business strategies.
About the Audit Senior Associate Role
The Audit Senior Associate will in-charge audit and other attest engagements, including planning, supervision and review.
In this role, you will:
· Prepare basic and complex financial statements and all deliverables to clients
· Meet deliverable deadlines, identify roadblocks, and understand critical milestones to meet client service expectations
· Supervision and coaching of engagement team members
· Delegate properly to ensure team members have opportunities to grow and advance to the next level
· Stay current on accounting and auditing guidance
· Act in a professional manner in all client and team interactions
To be successful in this role, you will bring with you:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting (or related degree that provides eligibility to sit for the NYS CPA examination).
· Four or more years of experience. Private industry or public accounting experience is a plus.
· Experience in government, commercial, not-for-profit and employee benefit plan industries helpful.
· CPA licensure or process in place.
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Caseware Working Papers. Other accounting software experience is a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in a language our clients understand.
· Ability to collect and interpret data.
· Critical thinking to search for creative solutions by demonstrating objectivity and realism.
· Excellent client service skills including the ability to persuade and make a connection.
· Ability to portray confidence through leadership skills to earn the respect of our clients.
· Ability to work both independently and in conjunction with a team.
· Understanding of when and how to work in an efficient manner.