We are currently seeking Automated Equipment mechanocs for both day (6 am to 6pm) and night shift (6pm to 6 am) positions. Training for night shift positions would occur on days.
The Automated Equipment Mechanic position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems on all equipment associated with the production of bagels. Inclusive of all building structures and infrastructures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Understanding and development of planned shift responsibilities and goals. Communication between shifts and departments.
2. Completion of daily walk-throughs of assigned areas, daily tasks, notes of deficiencies.
3. Ability to trouble shoot and take corrective action.
4. Ability to follow Bakewise, governmental and environmental guidelines as well as Good Manufacturing Processes related to food safety.
5. Sound knowledge of all machine functions, controls, locations of safeties, cause and effects of various adjustments, cleaning operations, manual, semi-automatic and automatic machine operations.
6. Sound knowledge of all electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical schematic drawings and processes. Ability to read, understand, draw, trouble shoot and repair these systems and processes in a timely fashion using sophisticated test equipment related to those systems for this purpose.
7. Higher level knowledge of all process support equipment, its function and operation relative to the dough process.
8. Ability to provide innovative approaches and designs to difficult problems.
9. Ability to machine/fabricate to exacting tolerances using lathes, mills, grinders, drill presses and various brazing/welding techniques.
10. Knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, and Windows. Knowledge of MP2 Professional Access 200 Maintenance Management System. Effectively using the previously mentioned in Preventative Maintenance Control, work orders, and tasks.
11. All other duties as assigned by Management.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to perform assigned duties in a highly disruptive environment.
2. Ability to efficiently work with minimal or no direct supervision.
3. Ability to safely handle or move heavy and awkward objects (weighing up to 60 pounds).
4. Must be willing and able to work overtime.
5. Must be willing to work nights or days as needed.
6. Must be willing to work weekends.
7. Ability to perform assigned tasks under time pressure.
8. Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently at the same time.
9. Strong written and oral communication skills.
10. Must be able to produce work within exacting standards and tolerances.
11. Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, climb, crawl, walk, and stand for up to 12 hours.
Education, Training and Experience
1. HS Diploma or Equivalent Required.
2. Training in Related Fields.
3. Experience in related fields of machine repair and maintenance (5+ Years). Demand Maintenance preferred.
4. Field related two-year degree or verifiable vocational training preferred.
Working Environment and Conditions
1. Eye protection required.
2. Slip resistant footwear required.
3. Uniforms provided and required.
4. Hearing protection provided and sometimes required.
5. Willingness to be certified and operate aerial and scissor lifts required.
6. A sometimes hot and humid environment, greater than 90 degrees F.
7. A sometimes wet/dirty environment.
Required Equipment and Tools
1. Must own personal hand tools and tool pouch or other suitable means to carry hand tools from one job site to another.
2. Must own a roll around type tool box to store personal tools.
Salary and Benefits
Hourly wage based on experience and training/education.
Eligible for Group Health Insurance after 90 days. Company-paid-for life insurance policy after 90 days, additional life insurance available at employee expense. State-required short term disability benefits, additional company-provided long term disability benefits. Eligibility for participation in 401K plan after six months of employment. Paid holidays after 90 days. Accrual of up to 56 hours of sick time per year begins upon employment. Paid time off based on prior experience and length of service.