Avani Spa Massage Therapist (Part Time) - Avani Spa at The Abbey Resort on Geneva Lake - Fontana, WI
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive serviceattitude and determinationto succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a ‘transformational agent’ for our guests and ‘the best of the best’! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests’ expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, housing options, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley. For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference – apply now!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
A Massage Therapist at The Abbey Resort is a licensed individual who is an expert in providing exceptional massage therapy for all guests. He or she must be able communicate effectively with the team and together work to provide an excellent experience for everyone at the Spa. Creating rapport with the guests is also very important as a therapist at our resort. The massage therapist will have to listen to the guest to ensure a good experience. Massage therapists will be giving a variety of massages based on what is being offered in the Spa during that time.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Massage Therapist will perform massage services and provide personal attention to each guest.
- Perform various types of massage treatments i.e., Swedish, Deep Tissue etc.
- Proficiency in all components of massage
- Prepare and maintain treatment area supplies daily.
- Ensure the privacy of each guest.
- Attend weekly and monthly departmental staff meetings as requested.
- Conduct tours of the facility as needed, to ensure a pleasant visit of each guest.
- Maintain consistent spa inventory
- Promote massage and body products.
- Attend product knowledge training as required.
- On-time attendance and ability to work uninterrupted is required.
- Required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Scheduled hours may vary on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours.
- Work cooperatively with other departments.
- Perform special tasks as requested by the Director of Spa/ Massage Supervisor
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings conducted by the Director of Spa/Massage Supervisor.
- Oversee and maintain the cleanliness and neatness of facility.
- Ability to lift 20-30 pounds.
- Help the Avani Spa as necessary.
- Respond to requests made by the Director of Rooms, Resident Manager and General Manager.
- Maintain Professional Appearance following our guidelines
ENVIRONMENT: Work indoors in treatment rooms, in and around health club including exercise equipment, saunas and spas. Temperatures might very a bit depending the location in the spa. Hard surfaces throughout. Exposed to possibly slippery floors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
What are we looking for?
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current license(s) for massage therapy as required by the state.
- Ability to work under pressure.