"Our Company provides a state of predictability which allows brokers and agents to act with confidence."
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation has grown from a small investment management firm into one of the largest commercial lines property and casualty insurers in the United States.
Along the way, we’ve been listed on the New York Stock Exchange, seen our revenue soar well past $7 billion, and become a well-respected Fortune 500 Company.
Today, the Berkley brand comprises 53 Berkley companies worldwide. Still managed by our Executive Chairman, founder and largest shareholder, W. R. Berkley Corporation is well-positioned to respond to opportunities for future growth.
In April 2017, W. R. Berkley Corporation celebrated the 50th anniversary of its founding.
Provide product technical expertise for assigned property & casualty insurance line(s) of business encompassing all aspects including, but not limited to, consultation and direction to others of the interpretation of insurance bureau rating/rules, policy wording and intent, underwriting and claims considerations, legal and regulatory impacts/constraints, and systems implementation.
As respects assigned line(s) of business:
- Serve as a key point of contact for the Operating Units regarding product development and filing requests which leverage the existing General Risk Filings, when possible.
- Review and analyze insurance bureau changes and provide recommendations to the Operating Units for action by Enterprise Product Support Services (EPSS).
- Coordinate and consult with supported Operating Units and potential new entrants, EPSS Actuarial, and EPSS Regulatory in the creation, adoption, implementation, and modification of bureau and proprietary products.
- Work with supported EPSS Operating Units to prioritize product change requests to leverage efficiencies.
- Provide potential new Operating Unit entrants with in-depth overview of current product suite available on the platform.
- Oversight and/or assist with project initiation and/or planning for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Consult with supported EPSS Operating Units on various jurisdictional regulatory issues and methods of compliance.
- Conduct research on various topics and provide communication, recommendation and /or direction to EPSS Staff and the Operating Units.
- Responsible for leading periodic product/rate reviews with EPSS Actuarial and EPSS Regulatory and providing resulting summary to the Operating Units.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changes.
- Stay abreast of trends and changes within WRBC.
- Develop strong and collaborative working relationships with the Operating Unit personnel.
- Develop and maintain strong positive working relationships with internal EPSS Actuarial, Regulatory, and Quality Assurance personnel.
- Develop and maintain strong positive working relationships with Berkley Technology Services (BTS).
- Develop and maintain proficiency with the Genesys System.
- Develop clear, concise and accurate business requirements for system implementations.
- Assist with Quality Assurance/Quality Control initiatives including, but not limited to, specific testing responsibilities and investigation of system failures and the related impacts as well as recommending a mitigation strategy.
- Participate on corporate projects as assigned, including development of new policy administration systems or assistance in establishing new operating units
- Assist with development of end-user tools to support the Operating Units.
- Serve on various WRBC committees and ad hoc user groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 15 years P&C insurance industry experience
- Minimum of 10 years of proven underwriting or product experience in assigned lines of business
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with varied levels of personnel.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to work autonomously with little direction or oversight.
- Prior knowledge and experience in working with insurance company operating systems and related technology
- Proficiency with Excel and various data manipulation software
- Consistently demonstrate WRBC Core Competencies and Innovation Behaviors