Fidelity TalentSource is looking for a Background Investigator on behalf of our client, Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Westlake, TX.
The contract lasts six months and pays $17.00 an hour.
The Background Investigation position helps reduce the overall risk to Fidelity Investments by accurately vetting new hire applicants interested in working for or being placed at Fidelity. This position reviews and scores background findings and delivers those findings to the staffing and/or business unit management who will consider findings when making a hiring.
- Capture information required to complete background investigation. Work with Fidelity TalentSource, Talent Acquisition and/or the candidate/employee directly to supply information needed to complete the background investigation.
- Verify the accuracy of the candidate/employee background information using the telephone and various internet sites and databases. Contact institutions such as Universities, Corporations and Courts to acquire information necessary to complete background investigation.
- Compile and analyze information verified or provided by the candidate/employee, making a decision and/or recommendation on how to classify the candidate/employee according to background investigation policies and procedures. Consult with Senior Management, Legal, HR Solutions, Fidelity TalentSource and/or Talent Acquisition on decisions. Bring up decisions as necessary.
- Prepare detailed investigative reports that are factual, timely, well written and logical. Use internal database to document conversations and actions taken.
- Communicate results of investigation in a timely manner to Senior Management, Talent Acquisition, HR Solutions, Regional Security Offices, and/or business units.
- Optimally handle and prioritize individual case load according to criminal sensitivity, age of case, type of investigation etc. to ensure that cases are completed within 10 day standard.
- Committed to meet department quality and productivity goals.
- Build and maintain a familiarity and understanding of existing and proposed legal/human resources related issues that could affect the background investigation process.
- Dedication to maintaining the confidentiality of all investigative information in accordance with the disclosure requirements of Fidelity and/or the department.
COVID work policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will move to our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic working – post pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the outstanding benefits of coming together in person – face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging. HR@ftsjobs.com
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.