Mt Vernon, WA
SaviBank is seeking a confident, experienced individual to fill a vital role in our College Way (Mount Vernon) Branch location as a Customer Service Representative (Bank Teller). Are you interested in using your years of experience in banking and customer service at a growing local community bank? If so, please read on!
This Customer Services Representative (Bank Teller) position offers a competitive salary based on experience. In addition, we offer employer paid medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan with a 100% match of the first 3% and a 50% match on the next 4% and 5% contributions, paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays. If this sounds like the opportunity that you've been looking for, apply today!
We are a full-service community bank that believes in being honest in all we do, having integrity in all our dealings, and showing respect for all with whom we work and do business.
In order to continue serving our customers at the highest level, we are working hard to become "the place to work." We provide stable employment, fair compensation, and career path opportunities for our employees with upward mobility.
We are seeking a positive, team oriented candidate to provide exceptional customer service as they represent our bank to customers while processing transactions, responding to questions, referring our services and contributing to a dynamic team environment. This is a full time position working Monday through Friday with a general schedule of 8:30 A.M. - 5:45 P.M.
Pay: $15.00 - $19.00 an hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long-term disability, 401(k) plan, Paid Time Off and holiday pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process checking and savings deposits, withdrawals and inquiries: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposit.
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold Notices.
- Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification, and ensure validity.
- Maintain responsibility for reconciling cash drawer daily by adhering to proper balancing procedures, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Issue money orders and cashier's checks.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded. Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies. Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- May open new accounts.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Actively sell and cross-sell bank services.
- Scan other tellers work daily.
- Balance other branch's cashier's checks and money orders.
- Balance ATM daily.
- Fulfill vault teller responsibilities as needed.
- Required to comply with Bank policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal banking regulations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills - the individual speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations.
- Able to work well under pressure
- Proficient computer skills
- Detail orientated
- Knowledge of bank regulations
- Knowledge of the Bank's products and services
- Tact and diplomacy needed for working with a small staff in a close atmosphere
- Problem solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Safety and security the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
SaviBank provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national original, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.