Barback - Full Time, Casino Bars (Harrah's Gulf Coast)
- Cleans bar area, including bar tops, sinks, glasses, refrigerators and other bar appliances.
- Acknowledges, greets and converses in English with customers who approach the bar.
- Prepares and pours all types of drinks for customers and cocktail servers upon request.
- Processes all cash transactions by accepting money and making necessary change accurately, while presenting customer with bar receipt.
- Manually pushes cart loaded with beer from the keg room to the various bars at least twice during shift.
- Converts cash to coin for any customers playing the slot machines in the bar area.
- Calls a designated slot employee when needed by a guest or bartender.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Six months previous experience as a Bartender or Bar Helper preferred.
- Minimum of one-year customer service experience in a previous position, where the primary job duty is direct customer service is preferred.
- Previous money-handling and cash register experience is preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must be able to communicate with guests to meet their immediate needs.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside assigned bar area in the casino/hotel.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and manually push up to 650 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, pull and carry bar stock to refrigerators and cabinets.
- Must be able to use hand motion when preparing and pouring all types of drinks for customers and cocktail servers.
- Must be able to use hand motion when cleaning and wiping bar counters.
- Must be able to complete required paperwork for cash transactions.
- Must be able to operate: cash register, two and six wheel carts, juice, soda and liquor guns, cutting boards, coffee and frozen drink machines, ice machines, shot glasses, mixers, pourers, blenders, beer keg/soda/wine/juice hook-ups and knives.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Caesars Entertainment is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown into a family of affiliated resort casinos on four continents. Caesars-affiliated casino resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Affiliates of Caesars also own the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. The Caesars Entertainment family's success is a result of an unblinking focus of building loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars and its affiliates are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Team members of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Ownership every day. Our mission "We inspire grown-ups to play" fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
Caesars Entertainment will engage in an interactive process and make reasonable accommodations, as required by law, for individuals with disabilities or to accommodate pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, or where a conflict exists between the position and an individuals' religious beliefs or practices.
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position.
The Company reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.