About the Company:
Catalina Island Company, the resort operator on Catalina Island, is located 22 miles off the coast of southern California and offers an abundance of amenities including Descanso Beach Club and Canyon, Island Spa Catalina, Pavilion Hotel, Avalon Grille, state-of-the-art beachfront conference and meeting space Catherine’s Terrace, as well as Banning House Lodge & Villas, Harbor Reef Restaurant and Harbor Sands in Two Harbors. The Catalina Island Company boasts more than 25 activities and tours designed to introduce visitors to the island’s natural beauty and rich history including the Zip Line Eco Tour, East End Adventure, Undersea Expedition and many more.
We are committed to encouraging and developing our team in a world class environment and are continuously developing the products and services we offer to increase the standards on Catalina Island – “California’s Island Escape”.
The incumbent is responsible for preparing and serving alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages to our bar and restaurant guests and providing exceptional service while creating a memorable guest experience.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Preparing and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes
- Ensuring correctness of orders and payments entered into Micros
- Maintaining work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Maintaining adequate stock and replenishes bar and shelves as needed, including ice, glassware and paper supplies
- Removing soiled wares from bar top and tables and placing in designated area
- Assisting with inventory of beverages and products on a weekly and month end schedule
- Ensuring the bar procedures and standards are maintained to Company policy and standards
- Possessing knowledge of the various types of wine, spirits and beer
- Preparing garnishes for mixed drinks and may premix drinks on a daily basis
- Assisting fellow co-workers in delivering beverages and service to guests
- Supporting special events and promotions to enhance sales
- Counting bank at end of shift, completing designated cashier reports, resolving any discrepancies, dropping off receipts and secure bank
- Following all company and safety and security policies and procedures; reporting accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager and completing safety training and certifications
- Ensuring uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others, supporting team to reach common
- Two years previous Hospitality
- Must possess mathematical skills in order to calculate payment and discounts
- Must be energetic, service-oriented with a positive attitude who enjoys working with a variety of guests, co-workers and management
- Understanding of ABC Law (Alcoholic Beverage Control)
- Must be minimum of 21 years of age
- Exceptional cash handling skills
- Serve Safe Certificate
- Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Certificate
Education and/or Experience:
- Hospitality/Bartender Certificate or two (2) years experience in a fast paced environment preferably in an upscale restaurant or hotel
Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to kneel, crouch and bend
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. comfortably
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.