Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The menu is straightforward and beguiling, featuring Andrew’s contemporary interpretations of classic dishes — fresher, brighter versions of traditional cuisine enlivened with unconventional Texas spirit. We seek out the world’s finest ingredients and sometimes look no farther than our own backyard, where the herb garden brings just-picked flavors to your table. Local and organic ingredients change the menu as the seasons peak and wane, but the constants are quality, flavor, artistry in the kitchen and a warm welcome when you walk in the door.
As a Bartender at Signature will use your mixologist talent to prepare and serve great alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for each guest, every time, all while enjoying the fun that each guest brings. While mixing and creating, the bartender is responsible for ensuring that all state, federal and property specific policies and procedures are upheld.
The Signature Bartender shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the La Cantera Resort and Spa Culture as the Employer of Choice!
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Meals
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Six Flags Discounts
- Schlitterbahn Discounts
- Verizon Wireless and Sprint Discounts
- Shoes for Crews Program
- Benchmark Associate Room Rates
- Golf Course Discounts
- F&B Discounts
- Cantera Cares Program
- Free Parking
- Spa Discount
- Benchmark Perks
- Family Discount
- Paid Time Off **
- Medical Insurance **
- Dental Insurance**
** = Full Time Associates
- Embrace service with a story through creating and serving both distinctive and traditional alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the food, services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Orchestrate an extraordinary guest experience by providing a fun and positive environment
- Be an advocate of our menu offering, receive food orders at the bar, and ensure accuracy before guest delivery
- Enthusiastically welcome our guests, anticipate their needs, assist them with check in and check out, and respond promptly with your personal spirit, however busy and whatever time of day
- Create memorable experiences with a warm, welcoming personality that can relate to guests and associates
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Enjoy multitasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Experience. Two years’ previous experience providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Spirits, Wine, Beer and Food service
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment that services the bar and servers within the restaurant
- Knowledge. County Specific Food Handlers Certification, State specific alcohol certification and/or TABC certification required
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.
Experience and Education:
- High school education required
- At least one year upscale bartending experience preferred
- At least one year Hospitality experience preferred
- At least six months experience with workday systems preferred
- At least one year Resort Bartending experience preferred
- At least one year of customer service experience required
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
- Must be able to bend, squat, push and pull frequently;
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, squeezing, overhead reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.