Behavioral Care Advocate (Nights and Weekends)- Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on an elite team. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
For this role you must have an active and unrestricted license in your state of residence and must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays 40 hours per week
The current available openings (8-hr shifts):
- Saturday and Sunday (7am - 3:30pm PST) and Monday and Wednesday (4pm - 12:30am PST)
- Training schedule will be Monday to Friday 3:00 PM CST to 11:30 PM CST for approximately 6 – 8 weeks depending on level of experience
- Field inbound calls in a queue from members and providers for purpose of assessment and triage
- Focus on initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Manage inpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administer benefits
- Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independent, Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted in state of California as well as a California residency
- 2+ years post master’s or RN experience in a related mental health environment
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays according to your schedule
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Care Advocate, Case Management, Social Work, Social Worker, Counseling, LPC, LCPC, LCSW, LMHC, RN, Registered Nurse, Masters, Substance Abuse, California, CA, San Francisco, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, #RPO
About the Company
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these individuals, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you’re empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks and in return, offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. Exceeding your limits is an exceptional start to your life's best work.(SM)
Just like you, we are driven by a set of fundamental principles that are guiding our way forward. Our values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation, and performance serve as a foundation to transform health care. Are you in? Learn more about your future at UnitedHealth Group at http://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com
UnitedHealth Group Values:Just like you, we’re driven by values that are guiding our way forward:
Integrity – Honor commitments. Never compromise ethics.
Compassion – Walk in the shoes of people we serve, and those with whom we work.
Relationships – Build trust through collaboration.
Innovation – Invent the future, learn from the past.
Performance – Demonstrate excellence, in everything we do.
With these values as our foundation, and through the talents, drive and compassion of people like you, UnitedHealth Group will transform health care. And we’ll continue our evolution as a company, making an even greater positive impact on the lives of those we serve.
Consider your future at careers.unitedhealthgroup.com