Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Behavioral Health Outreach Specialist to work throughout St. Clair and Madison Counties.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Conduct targeted outreach to clients to complete enrollment into the CCBHC program.
- Conduct assessments upon entry into the program and follow up assessments as required.
- Communicate regularly with the client population in order to establish trust and positive relationships.
- Use Recovery and Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) philosophies to work with clients and colleagues; including hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness, and harm-reduction.
- Engage clients in dialogue to learn their strengths, needs, preferences, cultural context, concerns and resource barriers. Utilize resource vouchers when a need arises that can be met.
- Provide crisis intervention including crisis assessments and crisis counseling, when indicated.
- Provide situational problem solving and skill development using an evidenced based approach such as Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) and Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET), utilizing the available vehicle for a private space, to meet with individuals.
- Transport clients to available services, as needed, to ensure follow up appointments are scheduled and attended.
- Complete required data entry and paperwork in accordance with program and agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to opening requirements, screenings, assessments, wellness plans, progress notes and any other funder requirements:
- 100% of screenings, assessments and wellness plans to be completed prior to due dates,
- progress notes and any other required data entry or paperwork submitted within forty-eight hours of the delivery of the service,
- funder data gathering to occur daily and submitted at supervisor requested intervals, and
- resource voucher usage and receipt tracking to occur daily.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and with the community, in order to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Attend meetings and staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and backup to other team members as necessary, including:
- Attend and ensure supporting documentation of required supervision.
- Attend all mandatory Chestnut trainings, utilizing Relias when available.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Provide other duties as assigned, required or specifically negotiated with supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and five (5) years’ peer recovery, mental health, substance use or other social service experience;
- Or a bachelor’s degree in a social service, criminal justice or related field or a total of five (5) years’ experience plus college;
- Or a Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) or Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) in good standing with the State of Illinois.
- Preference for crisis intervention training.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled