30+ days ago
While overseeing the operation of the Business the General Manager’s Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Meet with management team weekly to discuss any issues from the previous week, employee issues, weekly numbers, and any plans for the weeks to come
• Do 1 on 1’s with one manager each week. Focus on opportunities for improvement, and celebrate successes over the last week. Develop managers - Should always be coaching and teaching
• Set clear expectations and developmental goals. Review these goals with Immediate Supervisor
• Conduct Formal Manager Review/Hourly Review with each manager/employee annually. All reviews should be discussed with the Immediate Supervisor prior to the review
• Complete All Inventory at end of each week. Utilize the variance program to ensure inventories are accurate. Communicate the issues to the management team during weekly manager’s meeting
• Ensure all orders are placed each week
• Complete Smallwares inventory during Week 4 of each period. Review inventory and decide what to order, keep total order amount within the budgeted amount. Place Smallwares inventory Week 1 of the following period to ensure invoices all hit within the same period. Communicate any out of stock or back order issues to the Immediate Supervisor
• Work with Immediate Supervisor to develop marketing plans for the store each quarter
• Responsible for P&L reconciliation each period. Communicate any budget overages to Immediate Supervisor with explanations. Communicate any P&L items that need to be changed to both Immediate Supervisor and the corporate office. Make suggestions for future budgets or changes that may help the store.
• Attend GM Meetings each month; be prepared to discuss P&L issues, goals, marketing, management staff, and any other issues.
• Complete Health Inspection checklist daily. Communicate all issues to managers and entire staff to ensure any issues are addressed immediately