Bi Lingual Product Copy Editor
Duration: 5 monthsDescription:
- Product Copy Editor - Copyeditor/Proofreader/QA
- Bilingual - Canadian and/or Parisian French
- Entertainment Experience
- Expert in understanding Canadian French vs Parisian French
- Must be a proficient expert in understanding - speaking, reading & writing French - Parisian & Canadian. (Not looking for a college grad with French as a minor or French as a second language.)
The Bilingual Product Copyeditor/Proofreader will collaborate across the organization to assist in the delivery of award-winning product and brand experiences people love. Candidate will bring your expert knowledge of English, Canadian and Parisian French to our process of creating customer-facing copy for our groundbreaking product and brand experiences across our platforms and services. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Digital Copy, Brand Voice & Content Design, you will be responsible for copyediting and proofreading all copy submissions in a swift and timely manner. Content may include series synopses; episode descriptions and associated metadata; video clip copy; website and in-product copy; SEO, SEM and FAQ copy; emails and push notifications; and all other copy generated for use across our digital products and platforms.
In addition, you will help establish and maintain all editorial and style guidelines that will set language standards across our growing suite of domestic and international digital products.
An area of immediate focus will be in-product copy and style guides for our expansion to the Canadian market, providing copy alignment, proofreading and possible translation from English to either Parisian French and/or Canadian French copy where appropriate.Responsibilities:
- Language and best-practice expertise in copyediting and proofreading in both English and French for digital streaming products in the Canadian marketplace
- Guarantee error-free copy in Canadian and/or Parisian French on tight deadlines that meet brand voice, tone and digital product standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate to design and maintain all Canadian brand language systems and libraries.
- Align work with overarching business and engagement goals to increase user satisfaction.
- Encourage optimal viewer and subscriber engagement through brand storytelling, utilizing tone, voice and stylized messaging.
- Partner with designers, data scientists and content strategists to create, evaluate and continuously refine innovative user experiences.
- Excellent copyediting skills!Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Fluency in both Canadian and Parisian variants of French language
- 5+ years' experience copyediting and/or proofreading for digital products, brands and experiences
- Experience creating and maintaining style guides for complex editorial constructions with respect to unusual requirements
- Familiarity with a multiplicity of software and systems where copy may be found, including Google Workplace, Zeplin, Figma, etc.
- Experience with copy QA tracking and ticketing systems
- Must complete copywriting test
- Entertainment industry experience a major plus
- Strong copyediting skills are a must!
- Expert knowledge of AP Style, American English, Parisian French and Canadian French spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage; international language skills a plus
- Fluent in branding, product functionality and user experience theory, practice and language; strong visual thinking
- Knowledge of emerging trends for digital products and cross-platform content integrations
- Friendly, funny, outside-the-box thinking; creative problem-solving mastery
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.