Bilingual IT Instructor (English - Spanish)
Sugar Land, TX
We are: Headquartered in Holly, Springs, North Carolina, and a family of 700+ employees with a common desire to change lives. Our students have the option to earn IT Certifications either virtually or at one of our 8 Campuses (North Carolina, Texas, Indiana and Ohio). Since we first opened in 2007, we have experienced significant growth. In fact, we have increased by 35% within the past 5 years and did not lay off any employees in 2020. To support your professional growth and learning, we have a comprehensive educational team of managers, curriculum developers, lead instructors, mentors and tutors.
Sugar Land, Texas Campus: Located 20 minutes Southwest of downtown Houston and is conveniently located near the metro and George Bush Intercontinental Houston Airport. With 118,000 residents it has a small-town feel and close enough to Houston to experience its diverse culture, recreation, and entertainment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct/Teach Information Technology coursework to class sizes of up to 30 students per class.
- Coach students one-on-one to both academic and certification success.
- Must be able to answer student questions concisely and accurately.
- Manage and coordinate curriculum to ensure students receive outstanding training the entire time they are in class.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Provide appropriate feedback as necessary.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of students.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintain discipline following the policies and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Keep updated with developments in subject areas, teaching resources, and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Previous experience managing student attendance, assignment, participation, and examination records are preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple classes and handle typical student issues.
- Currently have or able to obtain the certifications relative to the courses being taught in the classroom.
- Must be able to work day and/or evening hours.
- Must be able to captivate and stimulate an audience.
- High energy level
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Travel: Less than 25%
Additional Information Worth Knowing
MyComputerCareer offers acompetitive compensation plan within the private education sector, including:
- Health Plan Options (PPO, HSA, and Flex Accounts)
- Disability Insurance (short & long term)
- Vested 401K matching program
- Pet Insurance
- Earn more certs (tuition-free)
- PTO accrual plan
- 12 paid holidays (including Veteran’s Day)
- Military Friendly work environment
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other duties, as assigned by their manager