BILL OF MATERIAL SPECIALIST (BAM-21-0163-F):
Bowhead seeks a Bill of Material Specialist to join our Manufacturing & Products team in Plano, TX. The Bill of Material Specialist is an essential part of our engineering team that is responsible for supporting the quoting and capturing new contracts for Bowhead. The successful candidate must be proficient in reading Engineering Drawings and Specifications and be able to translate them into an Engineering Bill of Material (EBOM) that will be used for quoting new business opportunities. In addition to preparing the EBOM, the Bill of Material Specialist will support the procurement team in obtaining quotes, and developing new supply sources, by providing documentation required for quotes. Other responsibilities will include supporting new and existing contracts by creating and maintaining the Item Master, Manufacturing Bills of Materials, and Manufacturing Routers, and contributing to the growth and development of Bowhead M&P culture.
Essential Job Functions:
• Proficiency interpreting Engineering Drawings and Specifications
• Proficiency developing Engineering Bill of Material from Drawings
• Indented EBOM Experience
• Proficiency in Excel
• Attention to detail
• Create and maintaining Manufacturing BOM
• Create and maintain Item Masters
• Create and maintaining Production Routers
• Manage configuration throughout the ERP system, item part master, bill of material, router, and work instructions
• Research and analyze customer requests for proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements
• Support supplier sourcing efforts as required including activities such as supplier manufacturing capability assessment and cost
• Interface with program’s quality, procurement and management staff as required to drive attainment of program’s production objectives (cost, throughput, yields, etc.)
• Follows Quality Management System processes and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• An Associate’s degree in Engineering or related technical field is required in addition to a minimum of three (3+) years of appropriate industry experience
• Must have Technical expertise and knowledge including precision machining of components, sheet metal fabrication, component special processes
• Must possess the ability to read blue prints and understand industry and military specifications
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, writing and computer skills is required in addition to possessing good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Outlook, PowerPoint is required
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: There are currently no Security Clearance requirements for this position; however, candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check and be clearable up to the secret level. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: