22 days ago
Provides customer service and administrative support to the Billing Department. Works within the framework and priorities established to ensure that the goals and objectives of the department are being maintained.
· Maintain billing files and purging outdated files via scanning and digital retention.
· Preparation of original patient files for scanning.
· Responsible for coordinating all Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s) for storage.
· Coordination and maintenance of patient files sent to the outside storage facility.
· Preparation of patient paperwork and EOB’s.
· Operate and assist with all office machines (mail, fax, etc…)
· Supports various team or other projects as they arise
· Answers phones as needed
· Supports team projects and provides administrative assistance as needed
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Requires minimal supervision
· Functions well within a structured environment
· Effective communication skills
· Proficient in knowledge of MS Word, Excel
Frequent time lines and deadlines. Physical requirements: Sitting for an extended period of time. Lifting, bending and alternating position as needed. Manipulating boxes, files or documentation up to 50 lbs.
Office Environment Equipment Required: Computer and various office equipment