New York, NY
New York, NY, US
New York, NY
30+ days ago
Responsible for checking out all patients and collection of payment. Explains all charges to
patients including any fees they will be responsible for. Verifies all information is in the
computer system necessary for billing.
1. Patient Check-Out
- Processes patients at conclusion of visit. Reviews fee sheets for correct charges and diagnosis marked; enters information into computer.
- Ensures patients understand their condition and treatment; and if not, asks a nurse to speak to the patient.
- Schedules return appointments for follow-up, when needed
- Explains all fees and patient financial responsibility.
- Verifies patient insurance and address information.
- Provides fee quotes to patients requesting financial information prior to a procedure.
- Collects fee for services.
- Ensures patient satisfaction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency (GED)
- Two years medical office experience preferred, but not necessary
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrates genuine concern for patients
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Able to work as a team member.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Flexible schedule, weekends required
- Treats patients and co-workers with respect.
Powered by JazzHR